Chapter 5: Who Would've Known?

I shook my head, what the hell? I can't think like that! Zayn has a girlfriend. An amazing girlfriend. I couldn't catch feelings for him, it would be totally wrong. Extremely wrong. But I couldn't stop thinking of Zayn, his perfect smile, they way he quiffed his hair, the blonde he had in it. How shy he was at first, but then would be a fun loving guy after you got to know him. How sweet and loving he was towards everyone he cared about.
"Louis, your turn!"
I bit my lip, and started fiddling with my fingers. Zayn was coming back over here, my heart started pounding. Great, now I'm getting all nervous around him. I'm never nervous around him! Its Zayn we're talking about here! Well, he is perfect after all.. but-
"Anna?" His soft voice broke my internal babble.
My head snapped up and I saw Zayn was next to me on the floor, just looking at me expectantly. I blinked a few times. He was the only one who shortened my name to Anna. The other three boys were still on the couch, watching Louis take his single shots. I had sat on the floor near the studio's exit that leads to their dressing room.
"Uh.. Yeah?" I finally replied.
"You ok, love?" His brow furrofwed in worry.
"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine. I just, I was lost in my thoughts." I smiled at him.
"Oh. Okay, just making sure you're alright.. Do you mind if I sit with you?"
"No, of course you can stay here."
He smiled at me, then scooted closer to me. My heart skipped a few beats, and I felt the butterflies flutter big time. I drew a big breath and tried to calm down. It's just Zayn. Zayn Malik, the quiet, cute, sweet, guy in the biggest British-Irish boyband. Wow, way to calm myself down. I was fiddling with my rings on my right hand. I always did this when I was nervous or thinking too much. And I woud bite my lip. Ah, I'm doing that too. I really need to stop. It's just Zayn! I've known him for ages now and I never was like this around him. Well, I didn't know I fancied him before. Now that I know, it's all I can think of. But, he would never feel the same. Besides, he has a girlfriend. I huffed out a big breath, and blew my bangs out of my face. Zayn turned to me.
"Annie, c'mon. What's wrong? You know you can always talk to me, love." He wrapped an arm around my shoulders.
I looked down, my hair covering my face. "Oh, yeah. I know.. I just, I don't know. Too much thinking today I guess."
He pulled me closer, and nodded. I bit my lip, trying not to smile. He was pretty much holding me. And I was enjoying every single moment of it. Soon, I ended up snuggling into his side. He smelled good and was really warm. He started to rub comforting circles into my back. It felt nice to just be held.
"Hey, Anna.. I gotta get up. It's time for us to take the group pictures."
"Already? That much time has passed?" I looked up, puzzled. Liam, Harry, and Niall took their single shots already. They were waiting on Zayn.
"Yeah, they just finished." He smiled at me and offered a hand up.
"That was faster than usual.. Thanks."
I wiped my palms on my thigh clad jeans. I watched Zayn walk off towards the other boys to finish the shoot. I plopped down on the couch, sighing. It was only twelve. It has been a long day. I shook my head an watched the boy act silly, and be themselves. I smiled. My boys sure were crazy. But I loved them nonetheless.

*"You killed what was left of the good in me, I'm tired so let me be broken. Look down at the mess that's in front of me, no other words need be spoken.."*

I jumped a litte, my phone was ringing. I pulled it out of my back pocket, looking at the caller ID. Paul. I frowned, wondering why he was calling me. I answered.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Illianna. Are you with the boys?"
"Yeah I am, they're in the middle of a photoshoot. Why?"
"So that's why Liam didn't answer.. Okay, well, when you can tell them you guys can go do whatever after this. The interviewer came down with food poisoning so no interview today."
"Oh, damn. Hope he gets better.. Well, thanks Paul. I'll tell them."
"Okay, thanks. Bye kiddo."
"Bye Paul."
I hit end and looked up to see them taking a few jump shots. After about three more, they started hading towards their dressing room. I hopped up and trailed behind. I plopped down onto the couch near the mirrors and chairs. They started changing back into their other outfits they wore before.
"Oh, guys, Paul called me. He said the interview got cancelled. The guy got food poisoning so no interview today."
They all just nodded. I looked away and waited for them to finish changing. I closed my eyes and slipped my earphones in since we had more time, they took longer than usual. I felt someone pick my head up and slid onto the couch, then they rested my head in their lap. My eyes popped open. And looked up into Louis' blue green eyes. He was smiling down at me. I smiled back and pulled the left plug out of my ear.
"Well, hi there Lou."
"Hey Lia."
"Lia?" I laughed.
"Yeah, why not? Liam's Li and you're Lia. It fits." He grinned, proud of himself for making the connection.
"Okay Lou. Whatever flies your kite.." I laughed again, shaing my head. This guy.
I started playing withh my phone while Louis played with my hair, I didn't mind. I secretly loved when people played with my hair. We were waiting on the others. And didn't notice them standing, waiting on us. Someone cleared their throat, I looked up towards them. I jumped up, Louis got up too.
"So, everyone ready?" Liam looked at all of us.
We all nodded. So we headed out, back to the van. It was only one and I was already exhausted. Imagine how the boys felt from all that standing and jumping around. I shook my heaad, these boys worked too hard sometimes, but they loved their job. And their fans. I shook my head, smiling. I felt someones arm slip around my shoulders and looked up. Zayn grinned at me. I smiled back. What was with him and Louis today? They never paid this much attention to me before. I shrugged, not thinking too much about it. I thought I saw Louis glare at Zayn from the corner of my eye, but when I looked at him, he smiled at me. I smiled back. I must be seeing things. When we got into the van, Liam was driving, Niall was in the passenger seat, then Harry and Louis in the middle seats, which left me and Zayn in the back.
"So, I was thinking we could go get something to eat? I'm starving and you guys probably are too." Everyone nodded at Liam.
"Hey Li, do you think we could go to the store and then I could buy some stuff for lunch? You guys could relax, watch Foorball or something while I cook." I suggested.
They all quickly agreed. I chuckled, they loved it when I cooked.