Chapter 7: Truce

JUSTIN POV

I can't believe this dumb idea my dad and his mate came up with. Jace and I are to spend the day with Kem, Alex, and Aiden.

To be honest, I have no problem with them, I think they're a pretty okay group. If I weren't lying to myself I would completely accept them, but I am lying to myself. I have to pretend that I hate them, Kem, the school's biggest fag, Aiden the little tranny twink, Alex the confused dyke (their nicknames).

Could you imagine how shocked and excited I was this morning when dad called.

The call

"Don't even say a word," he said sounding extremely angry.
"Good. Today Kem and his friends will be having a bat out, then a sleepover," he paused making sure I processed the information, " Sasha and I have come to an agreement that it would be good for you and Jace to get to know Kem and his friends."

What he has got to be fucking with me.

"You and Jace are going to go with them, drive them around, walk with them, talk with them, eat with them. See them as the good people they are."

At this, I was willing to give this a chance. The real problem was convincing Jace.

"Oh, and you'll have to tell them their sleepover will be at the pack house. They--"

"What you can't be serious?!?" I cut him off." You can't expect them to-"

"I told you not to speak!!!!" he quietly shouted," they'll be staying on the quest floor of the main house and that is final!!" the last thing he said before hanging up.

End call

After that, I got up, woke Jace up, told him what dad said. He made a big scene, then after an hour or more, he gave in.

So here we are driving to Sasha's house. I looked over at Jace who had his arms folded with a concentrated look on his face.

"Dude, what's on your mind?" I asked focusing back my attention at the road.

"How do you think Aiden's gonna react?" he asked sounding extremely dazed.

I thought about it for a second, "well, I don't know" I heard him let out a heavy breathe, "Aiden seems kinda forgiving enough, but there's also the possibility he would be terrified at the mention of us."

"I hope not" I heard him say in a whisper

"What'd you say?"

"Nothing"

"Well we're here," I said pulling up to Sasha's house.

I got out and looked back at Jace 'seriously what is he thinking about' he still had that concentrated look on his face.

"Are you coming or staying?" I asked wanting to know if I should lock the car or not.
He finally snapped out of it saying "yeah" while getting out of the car.

I locked it and we walked up to the door. As I was about to knock dad opened the door with an 'I'm still mad at you'  expression but he had a small smile.

'there is hope for us yet' Jace said through our mind link.

'maybe so'

John stepped out of the door frame signaling us to come inside.
We went in and walked to the living room. Sasha came downstairs and went into the kitchen then came out with 2 plates stacked with pancakes.

"I know you boys probably didn't have any breakfast. So here" she gave us each a plate and we said our thank you then started eating.
While we John went over what he told me over the phone and what he hopes will come from this.
We finished eating and placed the plates down.