New Beginnings

Mulai dari awal

" Which coastline would you want to live on?"

" Probably near the Caribbean, so I would be in southern Florida." Lance smiled. " I have family down there as well, so it would be nice to be near them."

Keith tensed up slightly. He wondered where Lance was going to college, and how far they'd be from each other. But he chose not to bring it up right then, he knew that it would be a conversation for him and his boyfriend to have alone. " That's a lot about me. But what about you, Shiro?"

" What about me?" The eldest brother raised an eyebrow.

" He's kind of boring." Keith whispered in Lance's ear, causing them both to snicker.

" Ahem." Shiro cleared his throat, but he knew that the omega was kind of correct. He didn't get out much, and if he did it was for work. " Lance, you were saying?" He still smiled slightly.

" Well, I don't know. Do you have a significant other?" Lance raised an eyebrow. And Keith burst out laughing, but he quickly slammed a hand over his mouth.

" Not quite." Shiro looked off to the side. " I'm not much of a flirt." He said awkwardly while scratching the back of his neck.

" That's bullshit." The cheerleader leaned over the table. " He can flirt like nobody's business, but the girls at his workplace aren't his type." He said, and he leaned in to whisper something else in Lance's ear. " Shiro likes powerful women."

" Oh." The Cuban male smirked without realizing. " So you have a type?"

" Keith." Shiro narrowed his eyes at his little brother. " But, yes, I guess you could say that I have a 'type'." It had been a long time since anyone had gotten him flustered, but he found himself blushing.

Keith was relieved that things could be so laid back between everyone. Lance seemed to be perfectly casual around Shiro, which was a major step in the right direction.

Their food arrived only a short time later, and it was delicious like the time before. Shiro was beyond satisfied with it, that was an added bonus on top of everything.

It was still early in the evening when they finished, and Keith had yet again scarfed down way more than Lance had. He never ceased in going against stereotypes.

" Do you mind if we walk back, Shiro?" Keith asked as they all walked out of the restaurant.

" I mean... no? What, does the minivan bother you?" The older brother teased, and Lance wondered why his boyfriend didn't want a ride.

" Yes." Keith said. " I'll meet you back at home."

" Actually, I won't be there. I have to run errands." Shiro called as the couple continued walking in the parking lot.

" Okay, fine!" Keith replied as him and Lance got up to the side walk.

The alpha took a hold of the smaller male's hand.

" Is there a reason why you want to walk?" He asked, genuinely curious.

" I don't know." Keith was unsure, but he wanted to ask about the college thing. It scared him, considering that where he wanted to go was in Seattle. He couldn't brace himself for Lance's potential answer, so he changed the subject. " How do you think dinner went?"

" It was really good." Lance smiled, but he noticed something was off. " Things are already getting so much better."

" I'm happy that he isn't at your throat anymore." Keith had a convincing twinkle in his facial expression, but his alpha could tell that something was picking at him.