Chapter 18:Words don't come easy, without a melody

Gia's POV

I hadn't seen Zayn for two weeks and we were going back to school in two days’ time. So, I decided it was time I went down to the church. I walked into the sanctuary and didn't expect to see any one and was pretty surprised to see someone sitting at the piano. The lights were out and a shadow was cast over the person so that I had to get close before I could identify the frame. As I got closer I realised it was two people, the minister and this guy I was becoming accustomed to. What I wasn't accustomed to however, was seeing them at the piano. I decided not to disturb them, but to goh outside and see what Zayn had been up to in the last two weeks.

Zayn's POV

I was just doing my work, setting up some new equipment in the sound room. I didn't even realise I was singing, until the minister stepped in.

 "Going alright here son?"

 "Uhm yeah all good"

 "Like music do ya?"

 "Yes sir"

 "That Gia gal's pretty good too; plays the piano in church. You any good on the thing?"

 "Uh no sir, never really learned"

 "Yeah me too, went for a few lessons. Can only play one song though" he laughed and I smiled. He was a cool man, all things considered.

 "Whah song is it?" I asked more for conversation sake than anything. It was probableh some church song I've never heard.

 "C'mon I'll show you. You need a break anyway"

 We went down to the piano and he sat down at the bench and started playing. And to my surprise, I knew the song and it wasn't a Christian one.

 "Not very Christian I know, but I can't play much else so..." he shrugged.

 "Well, you're better than meh, I con't pleh anythin" I laughed.

 "Lemme teach ya, it's pretty simple" he shifted over on the bench so I could sit next to him. At first it was awkward, buh then I goht used to it and I was actualleh learning somethin. Then Gia walked in buh she didn't come towards us, instead she just walked out the other door. Strange behaviour, but I was cutting her some slack since she'd probably had a pretty rough two weeks. I wish she had come to the church though; at least I could've made sure she was doing ok: Would've made her smile a little.

Gia's POV