Chp. 24 Sleepless Night

A/N: Maya and Josh's selfie in the car while they are going to Lake Plaid. 🔝

*Josh's POV*

I woke up to the door opening and hitting the side of the car loudly, "Hey watch it! I paid for that!" A feminine voice said, with a sound of a slap echoed.

"Oww?! Do you mind?!" A male's voice shrieked out.

"Oh I'll give you something to mind about. Riley, hold my hoops."

"Guys stop, we have to wake them up!"

Someone flicked me on the head and I jolted up, while groaning. An angelic figure was cuddled up against me and I soon realized it was Maya. I unwrapped my arm around her, and soothed the throbbing on my forehead.

My vision still slightly blurred as I was greeted by an innocent and scared looking Zay and an annoyed and triggered looking Vanessa.

"Are we here?"

"Yup, now we need your help to carry the suitcases, someone wake up Maya." Lucas answered for me. I looked back at Maya to see a blanket was wrapped around us as she snuggled against it.

I raised an eyebrow at Riley, knowing she did this as I got my answer by looking at her flushed crimson face.

"No, that's just going to take too long, I'll carry her, kinda got used to it. Chris said, chuckling at the end of his sentence.

I got out, and Chris picked Maya up and carried her on his back as he put her arms around his neck like he was giving her a piggyback ride. Her face was in the nook of his neck and I immediately felt a burning sensation, but got over it when I realized I shouldn't be feeling this way.

I mentally cringed as I thought how perfect they look together, and dismissed the thought, "Hey, where's Smackle and Farkle?"

"They went to check us in." Zay replied, while rubbing his left side of his face.

I feel sorry for him, but he has to learn that sometimes his big mouth gets him in trouble.

We went inside the hotel, and we were immediately blinded by all the glitter and sparkled reflecting of the Christmas tree and decorations. Honestly I can say this proudly that Christmas is my favorite holiday. The family, tree, presents, special gatherings.

Even though Riley's birthday has passed away a few days ago, this was Maya's belated birthday present to Riley.

I hinted a intoxicating smell with my senses and my heart filled with glee. My eyes swooped as my sight was directed to the coffee machine. I could definitely go for a soy caramel latte right now, but we were going to go have dinner soon, since it was like ten.

Maya soon woke up as she moaned at the smell, "Coffee!"

"You were awake the whole time?!" Chris exclaimed

"I always wake up to the smell of coffee."

"Can you get down now? You kinda hurting my back." Chris grimaced.

"But it's so comfortable being carried." She pouted, my jaw clenched, then unclenched once she got off of him.

"Guys, good news, so I got us two big suite, using my charm." Farkle gloated, "So there are four beds and one pull out couch. So basically there's going to be two queen sized beds in each suite but one will have a pull out couch."

"Riley, Lucas, Zay, and Vanessa will be in 215 suite, while Chris, Josh, Maya, farkle, and me will be in suite 216, except we get the extra pull out couch." Smackle finished.