Chp. 17 Thanksgiving Pt. 2

Previously:

The doorbell rang, as it gave me curiosity on who would be at the door. Everybody is already here. Hmmm.

I got up, to answer the door, surprised to see who would be behind it.

"Rebecca? What are you doing here?"

She smiled. "Josh invited me."
__________________________________________________

*Maya's POV*

Emotions swirled in me as I was hearing the words that came out of her mouth. I was confused. Why didn't josh say anything about this?

I don't care if he still likes me or not, but he didn't even inform me that my long-time friend is coming. And here she is standing right in front of me. But that's just it, I don't even know what to think of her right now.

Should I consider her as my friend, when right now she is dating Josh!

Calm down Maya, remember you don't even like josh right?

Yeah, your right. But why am I even feeling this way, then?

"Uh Maya." Becca said, ruining my train of thought.

I noticed that she was still standing outside. I face palmed, before letting her in, closing the door. She sat next to josh as I made my way, back to my seat.

"Hi, um you must be Rebecca, Josh's girlfriend?" Topanga asked.

Immediately Chris tensed up, hearing her name. I put my hand on his, while running my thumb of his knuckles calm him down. Apparently that worked, since he gave me a small smile for reassurance.

"Yes I am, josh invited me, I hope I'm not being a burden."

"Oh honey you aren't, we are glad to meet you. You look like a beautiful woman. Josh is so lucky to have you." Amy gushed.

I told Chris about Rebecca, when I found out that she is Josh's girlfriend. I feel like he already knew Rebecca, but I can't put my finger on it. It's as if he disliked her before.

"I'm actually lucky to have josh." Rebecca said.

The conversation went on from their. I guess I was the only person who wasn't informed that josh invited her. I zoned myself out of the conversation, and listening on and off.

I looked at her appearance to see that she still has her sense of style.