Chp. 2 Flashback

Maya's POV
*Family Game Night* After Girl Meets Bear
*Flashback*

Josh came to the Mathews for family game night, and I was so excited to see him. Granted, he had to miss college for a week, so he is staying here until the week ends. Tonight's the last day, and we all thought we could play Family Game Night, since he's leaving tomorrow.

I can't help but notice Josh has been acting weird lately, and when I tried to bring the subject up, he would shut me down. Today morning, I caught him crying his eyes out!

We were sitting in the bay window, in the family room, and I was trying to make a conversation with Josh. Riley also noticed his unfamiliar behavior, and made the Mathews to all go to the mall, along with her, leaving me hear to talk to Josh.

"Josh, what's wrong? You are not acting like your self?" I asked, finally making the words fall out of my mouth.

"Well what do you want me to act?!" He shouted. I was surprised by his outcome.

"I'm sorry Maya..."

"It's ok, can you please tell me what's going on?"

"Maya, I've been accepted to go to Columbia university as a major in photography for the first three years of college, and the staff said I can go, then I have to come back to NYU for the last year."

"Josh! That's awesome! When will you come to visit?"

"That's just it. They aren't letting me visit."

"Oh." I could feel the hot tears burning in my eyes. Pretty soon, Josh's tears ran across his face.

"Maya, I-I don't think we...should b-be together anymore."

Tears rolled down my face. "Why josh? I've waited so long for the someday and now your calling it off?"

"Maya, it's three years. Plus I think I'm too old for you."

I got mad. No frustrated. Was he just taking pity on me?! All this time, I thought that he loved me, and started seeing me as a mature teenager, after all I'm 16!

"Seriously?! Your pulling the three year old card on me again? You know what Josh...just go. Don't ever show your face to me again...just go!"

"Maya-"

"No. I could've waited for you."

I rushed out of the house and went to mine. I called to Riley, so I could have some cheering up.

M: R-Riley?

R: Maya what happened.

M: J-Josh called off someday!

R: Maya I'm coming over the to your house right now!

The call ended, and I was waiting for Riley. The door opened wide, and came in an angry Riley. Seriously her face looks like a tomato!

"WHAT THE HELL DID JOSH DO?!" Riley asked.

"H-he got into Columbia university and won't come back until the third year of college to go to NYU. A-and he called off our someday!" Tears were already dripping away from my face.

"Maya, we are going!"

"Riley what do you mean?!"

She didn't answer, she just dragged me out of my apartment and out into the streets and roads. I was sulking...until I found out where we ended up to!

"Riley! Why are we back here?!"

Without answering she burst the door open, dragging me in the...MATTHEW'S HOUSE!!

Josh sat up from the couch, with red shot eyes, and a tear stained face. He tried to look happy, since his niece is here...but I could already tell that he failed...without having to look at him. Instead I was standing in the middle of the living room.

Riley marched up to Josh.

"Riley! How's my favorite niece?!" Seriously? How can he be happy?!

Riley did the most unexpected thing next...she slapped him!

"How's your favorite niece?! That's all you ask?! How can you hurt Maya?! I'll tell you now, that I'm ready to dig your grave right now, so either you tell me why you did that, and think that Columbia university is more important than Maya, or you will be buried alive! I'm not kidding JOSHUA GABRIEL MATTHEWS!"

Josh was shocked with fear, and sadness, while I. I just stood their shocked! I had no idea that Riley had it in here!

"R-Riley I can explain." Josh stammered.

"Well you better start tal-" I cut her off.

"Riley don't lets just go back, I need some time..."

"Fine, but I'm warning you Josh, I will not hesitate to call Shawn or my dad, they won't just burry you alive, and let you get away with it. Why would you do that to Maya?!"

"Trust me, as much as it hurt her, it hurt me. I don't want to leave Maya! They said that I had to go, I tried to reason with them, but they said no."

"Then why Josh?! Why did you call it off?! I could've and would've waited for you...Riley, let's just go."

I opened the door, ready to get out of the prison,with Riley in front of me. Until a hand grabbed my arm. I turned around, looking at Josh with pleading eyes. He still looks cute...shut up Maya! You shouldn't be feeing this way.

"Maya-" he started, but I cut him off.

"Josh, I get it, you only want to date girls that are your age."

"No I-"

"Goodbye Josh."

I shut the door in his face. Riley and I walked side by side, with a uncomfortable silence between us, until Riley cut it off.

"I'm sorry Maya, I didn't know that my uncle would be like that."

"It's fine Riley, plus he's right, I'm just a little girl, with a stupid crush on him."

"No Maya, you aren't just a little girl, your an amazing girl, with a big heart."

"Thanks riles, I needed that. Right now I feel like a loser."

"Maya, your have to stop putting yourself down. And..your welcome peaches."

A/N: so how was the flash back? Just so you know, Maya and Riley were 16 year-olds, while Josh was 19 year olds.

Don't be a silent reader...

Vote

Comment

Share!

Bye loves! 😊😄😉