s i x

The rain only stopped in the evening.

Calum and Natalya remained cuddled on the couch in their glass box watching the sun set, bringing with it majestic hues of pink and orange, the edges of clouds golden as they reflected the setting sun's rays.

Such a sight was rare in the city, to have an unobstructed view of the sky, to be under nature's caress rather than that of concrete and electricity.

It was a cherished opportunity for Calum and Natalya, for they often worked till late at night. The only views of the sky they had were white in the morning and black at night when they had just an ounce of time to glance out the window.

Calum looked down at where Natalya's head was in the crook of his neck. Her gleaming emerald eyes reflected the majesty of the sky and there was an innocent, childlike sparkle in them as she watched, lips gently curled into a smile.

He pressed a lingering kiss to her temple and tightened his embrace, hand finding hers under the blanket and grasping firmly.

Calum felt her small fingers curl around his, reciprocating with assurance.

Then the moon appeared behind the thin layer of cloud, accompanied by a dark veil that swept across the sky, first purple, then an inky indigo.

Soon, small lights began to twinkle in the darkness, faded and almost unseen at first, but no one could deny their brilliance as they took over the sky.

There was no need to turn on the lamp in the studio for the light of the stars was enough to illuminate the place.

"It's so beautiful," Natalya sighed breathily.

It was such a wonderful experience to be under the dynamic blanket of the sky for a whole day, uninterrupted and having all the time to admire and be immersed in its beauty, and of course also to be in each other's arms.

"Care for a dance under the stars?" Calum asked with a charming smile.

Natalya nodded and padded over to her phone on the desk to pick a song.

A guitar interlude began, followed by a chorus of voices.

Calum chuckled, heartened by her choice of song.

Luke's voice drifted out from the speakers as Natalya approached him smiling sweetly, taking his outstretched hand.

Life's a tangled web
Of cell phone calls and hashtag I don't knows
You, you're so caught up
In all the blinking lights and dial tones

I admit I'm a bit of a victim in the worldwide system too
But I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you

Calum's arms snaked around Natalya's waist as she placed her hands on his chest.

Their eyes locked and the world faded away, the music a pleasant background to their moment, soft on their ears, real in their hearts.

Tune out the static sound of the city that never sleeps
Here in the moment on the dark side of the screen

Natalya grinned when Calum's part came. She absolutely loved his voice, it was so soft and gentle, yet strong with emotion - just as he was.

I like the summer rain
I like the sounds you make
We put the world away
We get so disconnected
You are my getaway
You are my favorite place
We put the world away
Yeah we're so disconnected

They pressed their foreheads together and their eyes slipped shut, savouring the warm tangibility of each other's presence and the words that conveyed perfectly their sweet love.

Hands around my waist
You're counting up the hills across the sheets
And I'm a falling star
A glimmer lighting up these cotton streets
I admit I'm a bit of a fool for playing by the rules
But I've found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you

Calum placed a soft kiss next to Natalya's lips, and when she wove her arms around his neck, he warmed her lips with his.

It was a mixture of passion and tenderness but it was all love.

Calum showed her how much she meant to him, how precious she was.

Natalya showed him how much she needed him, and how she would always be there for him too.

It was a silent, heartfelt conversation, exchanging of promises and confessions through love-ignited touch.

When they pulled away, hearts on edge yet at home and breathing erratic, Calum whispered in her ear, voice hushed and breathy, sending pleasant shivers down her spine.

"You are my most favourite place."

✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱
Thanks for reading! Do vote and comment! Stay awesome xx