f o u r

When they got back to the house, it was already late afternoon.

They had stopped by a diner to grab some lunch before heading back.

Natalya decided to start preparing dinner while Calum went outside to chop down some wood for their fireplace.

When he got back, Calum stopped at the doorway of the kitchen and watched his girl dancing around the kitchen with adoration.

Her lithe body and graceful movements as she busied herself with such domestic things was a sight to behold. She was a ballerina after all, fluidity and grace was in her blood.

She looked lovely bathed in the warm afternoon rays streaming in from the opened window with floral curtains caught in the waves of the wind.

Her hair was tied up in a messy bun with stray curls framing the side of her face, an apron tied around her slim waist.

She hummed softly to an invisible tune and Calum took in how perfect it all was.

Yes, his dream was to become a musician and he'd already fulfilled that. But at this moment he discovered another dream - to spend his life with her.

He pictured her as a wife, and then as a mother, and found himself grinning like an idiot as all these pleasant thoughts swirled around his mind.

He decided just standing and admiring from afar wasn't quite enough so he closed the distance between them and snuck up behind her, gingerly wrapping his arms around her waist.

She gasped in surprise before leaning back against his chest, looking up at him and smiling, cheeks rosy and skin radiant.

"Do you need any help?" Calum asked, voice gentle, as he turned to kiss the side of her head.

"You can help cut the roast chicken," Natalya suggested, tilting her head upwards so their lips could meet in a kiss.

Calum shrugged off his flannel and draped it over the back of a chair before doing as told.

Then dinner was ready and they sat down to enjoy the fruits of their labour (mostly Natalya's).

They discussed and planned what they would do for the days ahead but came to the decision that they'ed do whatever they felt like when they woke up in the morning.

Back in the city, their lives were very much planned and scheduled by management. It would be nice to have a change and just be spontaneous for once, they were excited for it had been a long time since they'ed been able to do this - to just be like children and enjoy the simple joys of life and have the freedom to do absolutely whatever they pleased.

After doing the dishes together, they decided to turn in early since the most of the day had been spent travelling and thus was exhausting.

They took turns to clean up in the bathroom before heading to bed.

And as usual, Calum was the first one in bed waiting for Natalya.

She emerged from the bathroom wearing one of his t-shirts that was obviously way too big for her but he liked it, she looked absolutely adorable.

Natalya loved being engulfed in his scent too.

Natalya climbed in next to him and he pulled the duvet over her.

Calum switched off the victorian-style bedside lamp and they lay down facing each other.

The pale moonlight coming through the window illuminated their faces. It was gentle with soft edges, ethereal even, a stark contrast to the warm and sharp city lights.

They lay there in the silence, occasionally punctuated by a cricket melody, soaking up each other's presence.

Calum's hand absentmindedly stroked her smooth hair, letting her scarlet locks curl around his fingers.

Their faces were so close they were sharing each breath, warm and minty, tickling their noses.

Natalya bit her lip, then slightly parted them, and Calum just couldn't resist capturing them with his own.

He pulled her close, hand curling around the nape of her neck, thumb stroking her cheek tenderly.

They pulled apart, gently catching their breaths, eyelids becoming heavier with sleep.

Calum tucked a lock of hair behind Natalya's ear and smiled.

"Goodnight, my princess."

✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱✱
Thanks for reading! Do vote and comment! Stay awesome xx