“I really need to apologize to Ruby for acting like an idiot last night. I hope she won’t be mad at me.”

“Liam. Has she ever been mad at you?” Zayn asked.

“No. Why?”

“Do you think she’s going to be mad at you this time? Obviously. No.”

“Oh. That’s great then!”

“But why don’t you just go on, and discuss, oh I dunno, baby names, or wedding dates, or whatever…” Louis suggested.

“Great idea! I’ll go over to her house right now.” Liam’s face split into a smile. “I just need some Advil and I’m ready to go.”

“Have fun, Liam.” Zayn sat up and hugged him. “I feel so happy about you, mate.”

“We all do.” Harry grinned. “You’re going to be great dad.”

“Aww, I love you guys.” Liam looked touched and his eyes turned watery. “Group hug?” They all crowded around each other and held each other tightly.

“Best friends forever?” Liam mumbled.

“Always.” Louis replied. Not wanting to let go of the moment so easily I took a video, saving it to my phone.

“You guys are so cute!” I exclaimed. “I got it all on video.”

“You come here too.” Niall beckoned me and I joined in their group hug. We kept on hugging each other until I couldn’t breathe.

“Go on, Liam, go and find Ruby.” Louis nudged Liam, and he sprinted out of the room like he wasn’t even suffering from a hangover.

“Brilliant.” Louis nodded brightly. “I wanted him out of the house because I wanted to watch the football game between two teams he loves and I don’t want him screaming and crying next to me.”

“Very nice of you.” I said sarcastically. “One minute you say you’re best friends ever and the next you want him out of the house. You are a great friend.”

“I know, right?”

“How about you guys?” I asked the other boys.

“The two of us need to go try on outfits for next year later this afternoon.” Louis said, pointing at Harry.

“And I’m going to –” Zayn started to say, but the doorbell cut him off.

“Who would come here this early in the morning?” Louis wondered, getting up. “Hope it’s not some fans who found out where we live. I’ll go see, Cher you stay here.”

He went down and opened the door, but I heard an icy, sharp voice that I recognized very well and also hated intensely.

“Harry.” Louis shouted remarkably loudly. “Your girlfriend is here to see you.”

“I’m coming!” Harry shouted back, sighing afterwards. “Darling.” He added.

“Oh boy.” I said again worriedly.

“I’ll be fine.” Harry said with a grimace. “And you, don’t come down unless—”

“And you girl, come down as well.” Daisy's voice rang.

“Er, unless now.” Harry shrugged. “C’mon, I don’t think it’ll be that bad.”

He was wrong.

“Hello, sweetie!” Daisy exclaimed once she saw Harry, and planted a kiss on his cheek which Harry wiped away once Daisy turned away. “And hello, ugly.” She smiled at me in that sickly sweet way.