The Book Signing

Cheryl's POV -

We did as Harry commanded, and hurried. The boys hurried around doing their hair while getting changed, and I hurried around helping them gather up their phones and keys.

In five minutes, we were in the car, and Liam started up, and we whizzed through the city. When we arrived, we were very late.

The boys, having no time left at all, just ran through the crowd of screaming girls, trying their best not to get their hair torn off. I ran in between them, trying to make myself as unnoticeable as I could.

Luckily, the girls were too freaked out to see One Direction running in their midst and none of them even glanced in my direction. The six of us got to the table, just as a man rushed over to the boys, scolding them furiously. In the split second before someone noticed me, Louis pushed me under the signing table where I huddled among their feet while the boys talked with that man.

Before I knew it, the signing had started, and I had nowhere to go. I stayed there and enjoyed a relaxing hour or two with the boys' feet.

Yeah, right.

It was relaxing enough, about as relaxing as sitting on pins while suffocating in warm, humid, not to mention stinky air.

Which was exactly how I felt. I sat there in between Harry and Louis' legs, until my legs hurt so much I just had to move around. I shuffled along under the table and came to a stop when I saw a pair of brown boots.

"Liam?" I whispered, tugging on his trousers.

"What?" He whispered back. "And don't be so loud, or someone will hear you."

"Nothing." I said sullenly. Life with One Direction was pretty much awesome, except this part. This part of them being famous sucked. I sighed, not really bothering to be quiet.

Someone nudged me softly with his foot. I turned around the best I could while still on my knees. It was Niall. He slipped his hand under the table, and shoved something hard and sticky in my face.

"Ouch!" I said, then looked at the thing that Niall gave me. It was a lollipop, one of those big, rainbow-swirl ones that took forever to finish.

"Thanks, Niall!" I said quietly, then gratefully hugged his legs just in case he didn't hear me.

I sucked on the overly sweet candy for a while, happy that I had something to do instead of listening to high-pitched 'I love you's. I marveled at how the boys never got sick of hearing that. I mean, I got annoyed about it in an hour, and the boys have been hearing it for 3 years straight.

After a while, I started getting sleepy, I leaned against Louis' legs and dozed off. I guess I might've been quite heavy, because Louis' knees suddenly jerked up and woke me from my slumber. I banged my head onto the bottom of the table, which, obviously, let out a huge bang.

"What's under your table, Harry?" I heard a voice asking as I rubbed my head furiously, feeling a gigantic bump.

"It's, er, nothing." He replied. "I just dropped my pen."

The girl bended down and peered under the table. We stared at each other for a few seconds, while Harry's feet moved nervously around me.

"How did you get there?" She asked me. I shook my head lamely, unsure of what to say, and tried ducking under Louis' chair.

"Guards, someone's hiding in here!" The girl suddenly shrieked, pointing at me.

"Oh, be quiet!" Harry said, clamping his hand over the girl's mouth, but a few guards were already coming towards us with walkie-talkies held on their hands.