Anger & Sass

Cheryl's POV-

OK. So I know I've forgiven the boys and everything, but that wasn't it.

Now that I had stopped being angry at them, I realized how much I needed them in my life. Not just as guardians, but as friends. I could still remember that night where they had to go to America and I had to stay home with their girlfriends. I had a lot of fun with the girls, but I couldn't be fully happy because I missed the boys too much. And it was only one day! The prospect of not seeing them for an entire month was almost unbearable.

"Hey, Liam." I said quietly to the figure sitting next to me. He was the only one awake. It was almost midnight. The popcorn was long finished and the boys had one by one dropped off.

"Yeah?"

"Will I get to talk to you guys when I'm, you know, at boarding school?"

"You could call us and text us." Thank god, I thought to myself, "But not that often. Just during the night, but not when we're working."

"Oh." I said glumly.

"We still have the 1D Day!" Liam said in attempt to cheer me up. "Its 7 hours long, so you can see us then!"

"Along with millions of other Directioners." I grumbled. Somehow it wouldn't be the same. I was just sharing them with other girls.

"Oh, come on. Are you being jealous?" He teased me.

"You wish."

"It won't be that bad, I promise you." He said, "You thought this school would be bad, but you've already made a lovely friend. It'll just be the same in America."

"But what if I meet Katie's twin?"

"If there's any real danger then we'll fly to America immediately and save you."

"Then I hope there's a lot of danger."

"Oh please, you won't miss us that much, I know you. I've been apart from my family for years in one go. You can do it!"

"I can't." I looked up at him, "And you say you know me?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Then tell me, what's my middle name?"

"Wait, I know this!" Liam said, trying to remember if he had even read it.

"It's Ena." I sighed. "And don't worry, it was not written on the orphanage papers. You wouldn't know."

"Ena?" Liam said, smiling. "It's a unique name. What does it mean?"

"It means passion, or little fire." I replied, remembering the time when Reggie used to call me 'Passion'. "And don't change the subject, I can't leave without you."

"Well, just enjoy your time here, OK love? Go to America happily, then in no time at all, you'll be back."

"I'll try. I don't think I can, but I'll try."

"Good enough for me." Liam said, satisfied. Then he suddenly slipped into Daddy Direction mode. "Oh no I forgot! You still have school tomorrow. Oh my god, you've got to go to bed. Now!"

He pointed up at the stairs sternly. I pouted.

"I can only spend one more week with you guys but I'll get all that good education in boarding school. Who cares if I fall asleep in class tomorrow? I need to stay here, with all of you."

He relented. "OK, but this is a special occasion. No next time."

"Thanks, Liam." He pulled me onto his lap and put his chin on top of my head. I leaned against his chest and closed my eyes.