o n e

the sun had shined right through lisa's curtains and into her brown eyes. she groaned when she had opened and closed them, feeling extremely tired from all the homework she had done last night. for some apparent reason, all of her teachers decided to give her homework in one night. this has happened before, but normally the work was due the next time they seen them, but yesterday, everything was due today.

lisa slowly slid out of her bed, having no energy and her mouth was dry. she washed up and dressed up before doing her hair and walking out the door. lisa lives a couple of blocks away from her school so, she takes the bus everyday because her mother's already out of the door and at work herself. when she stepped foot on school ground, she groaned, already tired and stressed. lisa's comes late to school every now and then because she's always stopping to get some breakfast from a nearby café and today was one of those days.

when she walked to her first class, of course, having a tardy slip in her hand, she noticed a few girls staring and whispering. when the girls had noticed that lisa was string back at them, they walked away, continuing to whisper and get a last few glances at lisa. "um, okay." lisa shook her head and opened the door to her first class, which was ms. rose's english class.

"lisa, you're late." ms. rose had already marked lisa tardy on her laptop, feeling quite surprised. lisa shrugged her shoulders before turning grabbing her notebook and turning to a blank page to write on. lisa honestly didn't care and she didn't wanna be in english right now since she's never really liked doing long essays. throughout the class, lisa took down notes and did the worksheet that ms. rose had created for the class.

"what's wrong with you?" seulgi, lisa's best friend, asked when she remembered how lisa had walked into the classroom.

"it's not the first time i've been late before. i love ms. rose, but sometimes, she can be quite irritating." lisa complained, letting out whatever had came to her mind first when asked the question. she couldn't help but to notice how ms. rose had been staring at her, purposely. she smiled when she noticed lisa staring back at her so, she smiled and continued onto doing her work.

"she's always staring at me when there's boys that are literally being so loud."

"obviously, she likes or adores you." seulgi said in matter-of-fact tone, arching her eyebrows. lisa scoffed before going back to her work, not knowing what to say. yeah, she has caught ms. rose staring at her everyday, but she doesn't really think about the older liking her. it's against the school rules  for a teacher to ever date a student or for a student to date a teacher. she has never experienced sexual feelings for anyone since she's so innocent.

when the bell hand rung, multiple students ran through the door, including seulgi, leaving lisa behind with ms. rose. lisa wasn't gonna lie when she felt the tension between them was awkward and quite uncomfortable. she tried to make less eye contact, but when she had noticed ms. rose walking towards her, she obviously had no choice but to make eye contact with her.

"lisa, you were late."

"yeah, i know."

"do we need to talk after school? it seems like you have an attitude."

"yeah, i do. you act like i've never been late before. can you please get over it?" lisa asked as politely as she could since she did have an attitude and she didn't wanna come off rude. ms. rose was one of the most nicest teachers at the school and she'd hate to have her on her bad side. when she noticed the surprised expression on ms. rose's face, lisa sighed. "look, i'm sorry. i'm just not in the mood today."