t h r e e

the next day at school, lisa completed every single worksheet or assignment that was handed to her. she didn't wanna spend her afternoon with her teachers. it's already bad enough that school takes up majority of students time in a normal day. when she approached seulgi, the said girl was standing at her locker, browsing through everything she missed in the day.

"let's go before one of them ask me to stay." lisa repeatedly tapped seulgi's shoulder to grab her attention. seulgi was so confused about why the younger was rushing, but she didn't even have time to think because lisa was pulling her down the hallway.

"their in a meeting so, you can let go of me, thanks." seulgi pushed lisa's tight grip off her arm. lisa sighed, placing her hand on her heart.

"yes! okay, i still need to go home."

"you can go, but i'm staying. the girls basketball game is today. i have to support them." seulgi said, smiling cheerfully while lisa was glaring at her for ruining her afternoon plans today. the plan for after school was to go do homework and watch movies, but seulgi obviously ruined it.

"i might as well stay with you since i really don't wanna walk home by myself today. when's the game?"

"the game starts in an hour. we can go get food and come back, if you want." seulgi offered. lisa nodded, pulling her friend along with her to the nearest store for a little snack.

meanwhile, all teachers were in a meeting, discussing the overall top students grades of the first semester and the students grades who were likely to stay behind in the grade they were already. eventually, lisa's grades popped up on the screen. all the work from the beginning of the semester to now showed up with scores of eighty-five percent or higher.

ms. rose smiled at the smart and well-educated student's grades. she's always been supportive of lisa ever since the younger walked into her classroom at the beginning of lisa's freshmen year. ms. rose knows she can be rather irritating to lisa, but it's all worth it, looking at the green bars that represented that lisa was only focusing on passing.

"lisa manoban has been apart of the korean school district since her first year of middle school. her grades have shown that she can be a successful, independent, and responsible student that doesn't need to be apart of the school tutoring system unless needed. we'd actually like her to be one of the fellow tutors to those who need one." one of the school district representatives explained the characteristics of lisa's education skills.

"ms. jennie, how's lisa doing in art class?"

"oh, she's a really good student. everyday, she comes in with a positive attitude, she's ready to approach the assignment that i've given, and she's very organized and helpful to other students around her. overall, she's really great young artist that i'd like to join in my art program." ms. jennie explained with a bright smile on her face, talking about the best student she could ever have.

ms. kim and ms. rose couldn't be anything, but jealous and upset. ms. kim has explained many of times why she feels like art isn't needed in the school system, but clearly, lisa loves art and she didn't wanna take anything from the student that she adores the most.

"any behavior issues?"

"none." ms. jennie smiled.

"well, it's been discussed. lisa shall be apart of the tutoring system unless she agrees with being a school tutor. after being discussed, she will pick the subject that she would like to be apart of. who will be discussing this with her?"

"i will." ms. rose raised her hand, beating the other teachers to it. she smirked when she felt ms. kim glaring at her.

"no, i will and it'll probably be better since she has me at the end of the day." ms. jennie argued.

"well, it doesn't really matter who discusses this with her so, you two can figure out who will discuss it with her or we will. the meeting is now over." the district representative said, grabbing his suitcase. the meeting room was cleared out, but ms. jennie, ms. rose, and ms. kim were still were still in there.

"listen, we all know lisa only likes me so, let me do it." ms. jennie said, angrily.

"no way, lisa loves me. she even asked to stay at lunch with me everyday." ms. kim said.

"for food. who wouldn't take an offer of free food everyday, especially since the school lunch isn't that good." ms. jennie argued.

"no, i'll do it. stay away from her, she's mine." ms. rose said, crossing her arms.

"lisa can't stand you. matter of fact, she hates you and you're probably at the bottom of her 'favorite teachers list'." ms. jennie said.

"oh, really, do you know that lisa hates art?"

"oh, really?" ms. jennie asked. "lisa has asked to go on the art field trip this friday, she asked." ms. jennie said, putting emphasis on the last two words of her sentence. the two teachers in front of her stood completely dumbfounded.

"no, she can't go. her grade is not good enough in my class." ms. rose said.

"and you, stop dropping her grades just because you wanna see her everyday after school. she hates that and she always will. she doesn't even wanna see your face after school or ever." ms. jennie said. there's been times where lisa would talk about her teachers to ms. jennie. she clearly explained what she liked about them and what she disliked about them and ms. rose's name was only talked about when she talked about what she disliked about her teachers.

"you know what, i'm leaving. you can have the discussion with her." ms. rose grabbed her backpack, feeling a little hurt inside, but she wasn't gonna let ms. jennie know since she didn't wanna seem weak.

meanwhile, ms. jennie and ms. kim were left.

"you can have it, but i do hope that you know that lisa doesn't have favorites. she doesn't trust everyone and she won't. you might seem like a really nice teacher to her, but i can guarantee that you're nowhere near being her favorite teacher because she probably doesn't have one. goodbye, jennie and i hope you have a nice discussion with lisa since you wanted it so much." ms. kim said, grabbing her things and leaving the younger teacher behind.

"whatever."