t w e n t y - f i v e

"oh, hey, soyeon, didn't see you there." ms. kim shyly waved, hurriedly stepping towards the two teachers. "why didn't you guys tell that she would be here?"

"because we didn't even know that she'd be here." ms. jennie said, staring at the teacher in bewilderment as she sat down, in need for air.

"i can leave if you guys need some privacy." soyeon stood, staring at the teachers expectantly. she wanted them so bad to say yes because, by the sudden information, she needed to handle some business, but to her dismay, ms. jennie was already nodding her head.

"no, you can stay, we'll talk quieter to not distract you."

soyeon sat back down, listening carefully to the conversation, anger building up inside.

"i saw the whole thing. they were talking then, next thing you know, seulgi was kissing lisa, their hands were all over each other until seulgi pulled apart and that's when lisa said that she was in love with her." ms. kim hurriedly spoke, gasping for air after speaking.

"wow, our little girl has moved on. i knew this day would come." ms. rose spoke, sitting back in her chair. she was a little devastated, but each teacher knew this couldn't go on for long. lisa would eventually graduate and move on with her life so, it was best that they moved on a little earlier. "but i like seulgi so, i'm not that upset."

"yeah, seulgi's okay. at least, we'll know that our little girl is okay because she'll be with her best friend." ms. kim said.

the three teachers sat coming into the realization that they'd have to move on. as long as lisa was happy, they'd be happy. lisa was still young and they'd be able to see the teenager transition into a beautiful woman. they looked back at all memories that they had with the student that they didn't even realize the small teenager leaving the room.

"hey, where'd soyeon go?" ms. jennie broke out of her thoughts when she realized the female was no longer in the room.

"who knows? something is up with that girl. i've caught her many times all up on lisa, but yesterday or so, it stopped." ms. rose explained.

"we need to watch her because something tells me in my gut that she's a little different and by different, you know what i mean." ms. jennie explained.

the three teachers agreed, thinking of ways to keep an eye on the strange female.

meanwhile, the two best friends still sat at the table, seulgi attempting to make sense of all of this because everything hit her like a truck. "what do you mean you think you're in love with me?"

"seulgi, for the last time, i'm in love with you. i've always been in love with you, but over the years, i just kept telling myself that i didn't when in reality, i did. do you know how many times that i've looked at you and wondered what it'd be like to be a couple?" lisa questioned, staring at the other who shrugged her shoulders, clueless. "i don't even know because i've done it so many times. seulgi, i'm in love with
you and i know you're in love with me, too."

seulgi pitifully scoffed, looking the other way. "come on, seulgi, look me in the eye and tell me that you're not." seulgi could feel the younger's eyes on her, which she could no longer handle as the truth had to come out. "ugh, fine, the night you kissed me, i realized my feelings for you, but because i thought you'd never feel the same way, i've taught myself to believe that us as a couple would never happen." She explained, pitifully, studying the ground.

she felt two warm fingers under her chin, urging her to look up at lisa's doe, brown eyes. "hey, don't worry. we can just teach ourselves to get used to us as a couple." lisa said, earning a confused look from the other. "you know how we hug every time we see one another after a while, we'll kiss instead," lisa tried her best to explain, but seulgi just wanted understanding it. "okay, basically, we'll do whatever a normal couple would do."

"do you really wanna do this?" seulgi questioned, already doubting the plan.

"yes, because i really wanna be your girlfriend, seulgi." lisa said, causing the older to blush.

"alright, alright, we'll start tomorrow. i gotta go." the older grabbed her bag, reaching in for a hug. "ah, ah, ah," lisa pointed at her lips, waiting for a kiss. "ugh." seulgi playfully groaned, pecking the younger's lips as lisa's excitedly clapped.

"see, progress already."

seulgi giggled, waving before finally leaving. she sped down the hallway, the quietness getting to her as she kept looking behind her. the female could've sworn that she heard footsteps behind her, but every time she turned around, she was met with an empty hallway.

just as she was about to finally leave the what seemed like an endless hallway, she found herself on the ground, vision hazy and the right side of her head sore as ever. the injured female looked around, barely able to see until she noticed the familiar person standing above her.

"s—soyeon—,"

"shut up! don't say a word or i will beat you." she said. "so, i heard that you and lisa are trying to become a couple, is that right?"

"y—y—yeah." seulgi caressed her injured area, feeling the warmth and pain. she groaned in pain, attempting to stand.

"well, if you want your best friend to live a happy life, i suggest you leave her alone or i will post those pictures of her and her favorite three teachers and i know you wouldn't want that so, i suggest you stay away."

"soyeon, why are you doing this? she doesn't want y—," her sentence was shortened once she felt the younger kicked her in her ribcage.

"and you believe that she actually loves you? poor girl is only doing this because she feels bad and feels like she owes you for all the trouble she's put you through." soyeon explained, knowing she was getting to seulgi. the way she explained it sounded like something lisa would exactly do because she hated hurting people who didn't deserve it.

"so, either you stop messing around with lisa or i post those pictures for everyone to see, even the principal will see it and you know li—,"

"alright, i'll stop!" seulgi interrupted, watching as soyeon's face fell into a smirk. "just please, promise me that you won't post those pictures."

"promise me you'll stay away from lisa."

"alright, i promise."

"okay, then, have a safe walk home." soyeon smiled, leaving the teenager on the ground, vision still blurry.

"ow!" she groaned, attempting to stand. her head hurt, tremendously, but she continued to stand as she had to get home one way or another. tears began to stream down her cheeks. she was just in pain all over, even though she was only hit on the right side of her head and ribcage.

her groans grew louder each time she took a step. her pain grew each step and as she tried, it then took over, her walk shortened once she fell to the ground.

and that's when everything went black.

just when things were starting to look good for her.