f o u r

the next morning took lisa by surprise. ms. rose didn't say a thing to lisa not once. ms. rose's attention was everywhere, expect lisa's face. her actions even took seulgi by surprise since the english teacher was always making excuses to have lisa stay after school. lisa was dying to find out why, but how when she couldn't even get the teacher to say hello to her?

"ms. rose, can you help me?" lisa tried grabbing ms. rose's attention, but she was too busy doing whatever on her laptop. lisa raised her hand, but the elder was still typing away on her laptop.

"just go to her, lisa." seulgi pushed lisa.

lisa scoffed, but nonetheless, stood up from her seat and walked up to ms. rose. "ms. rose, can you help me with this problem? i can't seem to find what's wrong with the citation or quote?" lisa lied. she knew what was wrong with everything, she just needed an excuse to talk to ms. rose. normally, the teacher would be bothering her and asking her to come after school, but not today.

"oh, the citation wasn't wrote correctly and since the person that used to quote didn't use the whole quote, they didn't add any ellipses to the quote." ms. rose said, quickly, not facing lisa at all. lisa didn't even catch half of the words she had said since the classroom was quite loud and ms. rose's attention was on her laptop.

"i'm sorry, i couldn't hear anything you said."

ms. rose sighed, facing lisa, finally. lisa smiled now that she had the teacher's attention, but she didn't look happy at all. "lisa, the packet isn't due until next week."

"yeah, but i'll still be on this same problem if i don't get any help now."

a few seconds later, the bell rang and lisa had finally had a class where she didn't want the bell to ring.

"i would help you after school today, but i have to do some things at home today. i'm sorry, lisa." ms. rose said, gathering a few worksheets and opened the classroom door for the students.

"ms. rose, can you please stay for at least thirty minutes?" lisa begged.

ms. rose sighed, feeling a little bad since lisa seemed like she really wanted to get this packet done and what kind of teacher doesn't want their student to complete their work? "i guess so, but don't be late."

"okay, thanks." lisa smiled, clapping her hands. her smile only brightened when she seen the english teacher smile along with her.

"now, get to class before you're late." ms. rose waved lisa goodbye. lisa rushed to ms. kim's classroom, still excited about seeing ms. rose after school. finishing her packet was just an excuse because she just wanted to find out what was wrong with ms. rose. she's never avoided lisa's this much ever, but lisa was gonna find out why.

In math class, ms. kim was acting the same way. she didn't avoid lisa, she just didn't have the normal cheery, happy, and excited attitude that she normally would have. lisa couldn't stop thinking about what was wrong and why were her teachers acting like this towards her. "seulgi, do you know why ms. kim and ms. rose are acting like this today?" lisa whispered.

"you probably did something to make them this way." seulgi said, not taking her eyes off the board. lisa scoffed, silently, rolling her eyes and focusing on her work. what could she have done to make them like this?