t h i r t e e n

the student groaned, closing her phone and screaming into a pillow. seulgi stood clueless about the current state of her friend until she picked up the phone herself and read the message herself. she nodded, grabbing the pillow from lisa's face, but the younger had an expected tight grip on it, which made it hard to pull away.

"lisa, let go of the pillow, please." seulgi grabbed the pillow, hearing the muffled screams before lisa finally let go. "what the hell? you need to tell her."

lisa whined, throwing another pillow as she read the text again. "no, breaking up with someone over text isn't the best way. if anything, that's the worst way," lisa stood from her seat, stepping into the kitchen with seulgi following alongside her, pulling out a bottle of beer.

"no, stop!" seulgi grabbed the cold drink, stepping away from the younger. "i am not gonna watch you sit here and destroy yourself, lisa." seulgi reasoned. the younger didn't listen as if seulgi's statement passed through one ear and out the other. she reached for the drink, fighting seulgi each step of the way. "lisa, you're not going to drink this."

"well, what am i supposed to do? you see what i'm going through."

"you need to distract your mind. explain everything to her at school, but do not do this to yourself."

lisa sighed, drawing herself into realization when she wrapped her arms around the older, waiting for her to return the affection. she sunk into seulgi, thinking of everything that she's done to get to this point, but she wasn't happy.

when the weekend passed, both girls stepped through the school doors. lisa remained by seulgi's side, wishing the day would go by easily and she didn't have to utter a word about anything from last weekend. "look, um, i have science." seulgi muttered, seeing as the younger unlooped their arms.

"i know. just go, but promise you'll meet up with me when class ends?"

"yeah, okay, see you next period." the older stepped away, vanishing into the massive crowd of students. lisa completed the route to math class, opening the classroom door to notice the math teacher, grading paperwork and typing grades in. she sat in the back of the classroom, laying her head on the cold desk to sleep for the last few minutes before school eventually began.

the teacher cleared her throat, standing up from her chair as she seen the distressed teenager. "lisa?" she questioned, examining the student who was nearly asleep with her hood covering her eyes. ms. kim giggled when she didn't get a response at all, but the sound of little snores coming from the younger's mouth.

she tapped the younger's shoulder, noticing as the student opened her eyes, they were nothing, but bloodshot and irritable-looking. "yes, ms. kim?" the student questioned, clearing her throat as she recognized how nasally it sounded.

"did you get any rest last night? you look a little tired."

"a little? no, i'm extremely tired and it's all because of your co-worker down the hall from you."

the math teacher nodded, comprehending the game of ms. jennie. she already understood what occurred and it was all over lisa's face. ms. jennie got caught and made an excuse to retain the younger and now, lisa doesn't understand what to do but cry. ms. kim has witnessed the same routine for years and she knows the next step in their relationship, but she didn't know how the art teacher would relish it, seeing as she was emotionally attached to the younger. "get some rest. you're gonna need it." she stood, leaving the student at peace.