Chapter 8

When my friends found out that I had sex with Mason this is kind of how it went.

 "I can't believe you did that"
"Neither can I" I said and laughed a little. She shook her head.
"Gillian, I don't know what to say to you right now" and she walked away and hasn't talked to me since. That was Lucy, my best friend since I came to this school, the first friend I ever had at this school.

"Wow" she says and I look at her.
"Are you going to yell at me too, Haley? 'cause I've had plenty of that" I say and she walks away and hasn't talked to me since. Hailey just flat out won't talk to me.

After my terrible day at school I knock on Hayes's door and Nash answers. He sees me crying and hugs me.
"Hayes!" Nash yells and I look up at Nash, still hugging him. Nash nodded and Hayes sees me balling. Hayes nods at Nash and holds my waist as I go up to him room and he sits me on his bed and starts hugging me.
"I told you not to, Gillian" Hayes says.
"I know" I reply.
"I told you he wasn't good enough" Hayes says.
"I know" I reply again.
"You deserve someone who treats you like a princess" Hayes says.
I look at him. "Like who?" I sniff and wipe my tears.
"Like me" Hayes kisses presses his lips to mine and it feels a lot better than Mason's. "I like you a lot, Gillian. I know Nash told you what happen the other night" Hayes sighs and I nod.
I can't believe I'm saying this but my heart takes over my brain and I finally say "I like you too, Hayes"
Hayes looked at me completely shocked. "You do?" he asked and I nodded. "Why did you have sex with Mason then?" I shrugged and continued to hug Hayes. "So are we dating now?" Hayes asked and I shook my head.
"If that's your way of asking me out then no" we laughed and I went home.

~~~(This is 3 days later)

It's been three days. Hayes still hasn't asked me out, I don't know why, I told him I liked him but since he said "Be ready for the best moment of your life" I'm assuming he's gonna do it soon.

Hayes came to my house with a bunch of flowers that he had just picked from his garden I think because I see those every day. "Gillian, I like you a lot and I have since I met you. Since I saw you at the mailbox the first day you moved in. We've been through a lot together, through lots of ups and downs but I like you a lot so will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" Hayes asks giving me the flowers.
"Aww Hayes, of course" I hugged him. "Almost had me crying there for a minute" I laughed. I put the flowers in a vase and he walked home.

I'm debating whether to call Lucy, Haley, and Hailey. They were all mad at me. I decided to call Lucy first.
"This is Lucy Winters, I can't get to the phone right now but please leave a message after the beep"
"Hello?" Lucy's voice answers.
"Lucy!" I yell into the phone since I finally got ahold of her.
"Hi, Gillian" she never uses Gillian, she says Gilly or Gill. This is how I know she's still mad.
"So I know that what I did was completely wrong, I hope that you forgive me because I did something without telling you and something that you didn't want me to do but I am completely sorry for that and I did hide something from you so I'm sorry for that too but I like Hayes, I have liked him and now we are dating, I hope this doesn't overwhelm you but-"
"AHHHHHHHHH" I hear Lucy scream through the phone. Is she okay? Happy or mad or confused? So much is running through my head until she says "You're dating Hayes Grier, oh my god!" and I get a full smile on my face.
"Yes, I am" I laugh and she cheers.
"I'm coming over!" she says and I laugh.
"Okay, are you staying the whole weekend?" I ask. She screams yes and hangs up.

Next is Haley she wasn't as mad. I don't think.
"This is Haley Oxford. And Lucy, Hailey, and Gillian! I can't get to the phone right now, probably because I'm hanging out with them but leave a message bye!" I remember making that with everyone.
"Oh my god, Gillian. What do you want?" Haley yells through the phone.
"Look, I'm sorry for doing something behind your back even though you told me not to and I'm sorry for being rude on Monday but what I was going through I just didn't want to be judged, especially by my friends and I need one of those right now. I just want to tell you that I actually did like Hayes most of the time and now I'm dating him so I just wanted to let you know" I say and she says nothing. It's dead silent. Until..
"You're dating Hayes Grier" she says through the phone quietly and then screams. "I'm so happy for you! I knew you liked him! And I forgive you" is all she says. It makes me smile and I say bye and hang up. Her and Hailey are supposed to hang out tonight and I don't bother telling Hailey because she won't talk to me and Lucy is already here.

A/N Edited.

YAY! Gillian's life is pulling back into place and Hayes and GIllian are dating!!