Chapter 2

Today is my first day of school, unfortunately. I look around and see people going to their classes. I grab my stuff and go to the first class I have, History.

A blonde haired girl came up to me. She has really pretty green eyes. "Are you new here?" she asked.
"Uh, yeah. I just moved here from New York" I answered awkwardly.
"Oh wow! Where do you live now?" she asked. It wasn't obvious? Do people from different cities go to this school?
"Mooresville.." I answered uncertainly.
"Well duh, I mean like the part" she's starting to scare me. What happen to "What's your name? I'm Gillian" or "Wanna be friends?" not "what street do you live on?" what is this?
"I really don't kno-." She cut me off.
"Okay, what's your name?"
"Gillian, yours?"
"Lucy Winters"
"It's nice to meet you"
"You too! I like tacos. What's your schedule?" that is the most awkward and weird conversation ever.
"I like tacos too? And here" I pulled out my crumpled schedule and handed it to Lucy.
"Lucky for you, you have most classes with me but some are with my friends, you'll meet them too" she smiled. I smiled back and she handed me back my schedule. History started and I found out my teacher, Ms. Callihan was actually really nice and not as boring as normal History teachers.

My next class was Math 2. I had that with Lucy and her friend Hailey. She has Hazel eyes and brown hair. She is really pretty and really nice. Mr. Morales started talking about how to turn a decimal into a fraction and it was really boring.

Hailey went off to Spanish while Lucy and I went to Science. Ms. Fontana was really nice and in Science I met Lucy's other friend Kelli she has light hazel eyes and wavy brown hair. She was really pretty too.
"I'm Kelli Oxford"
"I'm Gillian Hilkert but I'm basically Gillian Hilkert Espinosa because my mom got remarried."
"Oh well that's cool" Kelli said and all three of us sat at a table. I had Lunch after Science, which I had with a cute guy named Mason and then I had English and I went home.

Lucy, Kelli, and Hailey all gave me their numbers and I walked home. Once I got home I got the mail and Hayes was coming out to get his.
"Hey, Gillian. How was your first day?"
"It was good. I made three new friends so that's a plus" I smiled and he laughed.
"Do you want to take a walk today?" he asked. I don't know if I want to take a walk with him right now. I'm tired and I just want to eat and text my friends but none of them are texting me yet and I don't want to talk to my mom, brother, or step dad so I think I should go.
"Uh sure" I answered and then took the mail out of the mail box, ran inside and put the mail on the table and told my mom I was going for a walk and ran back out. "I have to be back by 6:00 so in an hour" I told him and he started walking. I followed behind him as he talked about his life.
"I'm surprised you didn't scream when you saw me, most girls do" he said. Wow cocky much? Yeah he's hot but what girls in their right mind would scream when they saw him.
"Well I'm not one of those screaming girls then am I?" I said to him and he looked at me.
"Does Hayes Grier ring a bell?" He asked. Does it?
"No not really" I answered. He stopped and turned so he was looking at me. His blue eyes are so perfect.
"You have an iPhone right?" he asked. I nodded. "Where is it?" he asked and I pulled it out of my pocket and realized I had messages so I put it in my own hands and put in the password and Hayes took it from me.
"Hey I have messages"
"Hey look at that, I don't care" he laughed and looked through my phone. "What do you use Twitter for?" he asked
"I don't know I just do"
"Who do you follow?" he asked
"Famous people" I answered in a duh tone.
"You don't have Vine?" he asked.
"No, I don't know what Vine is. I mean I do but I wouldn't take 6 second videos of myself so why get it?"
"Um to watch funny people?" this time, he was the one to use a duh tone. Okay this kid is so much like me that I hate it. We're going to be good friends. I laughed to myself in my head.

I got on my phone to see that Vine was on it now and then he took his phone and showed me videos of him and the guy I saw get out of the car.
"So I live next to a famous guy?"
"Actually your friends with a Viner, it's different" he said smiling. I kept walking with him.
"Why don't you come to my house for dinner? My mom said it was okay" Hayes suggested.
"I don't know Hayes, I just met you" I said. "Maybe another time" I don't want to reject him but I don't like meeting new people.
"C'mon please" Hayes begged. I finally agreed to text my mom and ask and she said yes so I went over to Hayes's. His house is nicer than mine but not that much bigger.
"Hey, I'm home!" Hayes yelled. He walked to the kitchen and that's where his mom and dad were.
"This is my mom Elizabeth and step-dad Johnnie, Mom and Johnnie this is my friend Gillian" Hayes introduced us. Elizabeth walked up to me and shook my hand with Johnnie right behind her.
"It's nice to meet you" Elizabeth said. "Skylynn, Nash, get down here!" Elizabeth yelled.
"I have an older brother Will, this is him but he plays for the Florida Gators football team so he isn't here right now." Hayes tells me. I nod so he knows that I heard him.
"Haaass!" someone yells coming down the stairs "Oh, hi" he says as he looks at me. "Ooh Hayes! Who is she?" a boy, older than Hayes and I looks to Hayes, wiggling his eyebrows.
"Hayes introduce your friend" Elizabeth says.
"Nash and Skylynn this is Gillian. Gillian, this is my older brother Nash and my little half-sister Skylynn"
"It's nice to meet you" I say to them and Nash smiles and Skylynn laughs.
"I'm five" Skylynn tells me.
"You're four" Nash corrects her and she looks at him with a death glare. I like her already.

Hayes walked me home after dinner and a little bit of getting to know his family.
"Thank you for dinner" I say.
"It wasn't a problem. Thank you for coming" I opened my door. "Hey wait, I didn't get your number" Hayes smiled. I took his phone and typed in my name and my number and gave him his phone back.
"Your name is Gillian Hilkert Espinosa?" He asked. I nodded, I guess I never told him my last names. "What's Hilkert Espinosa?" he asked.
"Hilkert is my mom's last name Espinosa is my step-dads, why?" I asked. Why the sudden interest in my last names?
"So you know Matt?" he asked.
"Who's Matt?" I asked him and he shook his head.
"Never mind. Bye, see you tomorrow" Hayes said and walked towards his house and I shut the door behind me. It's going to bother me now, he should've just told me.

"Hey, how was dinner?" my mom asked.
"It was good, where's Mike?" I asked. She seemed confused, she should be. I normally don't talk to him.
"In the living room, why?" I walk into the living room and see Mike sitting on the couch. (I don't know Matt's dads name but I found this name online when I looked up his dads name so I don't know)
"Mike, who is Matt?" I asked.
"Uh, why?" Mike asked.
"I was with the kid next door and I told him my name and he asked if I knew Matt" I told him. This is interesting. I don't talk to Mike much so asking him who someone is and demanding for answers is a great conversation starter.
"Okay well Matt is my 16 year old son, he is a Viner so he's basically famous. Then I have Dylan and Kristen his brother and sister. None of them know you or your brother and you don't know them. I was trying to keep it that way" Mike told me. I have step siblings and I don't know anything about them except their names and they don't know anything about me.
"Why didn't you want us to know about each other?" I asked.
"I didn't want to mix two families together. I didn't want Melissa and Matt's mom to fight or for the kids not to like each other. There was just too much to worry about" Mike told me.
"Well I want to meet them. Where do they live?" I asked.
"They live in Virginia, five hours away. They might be moving here though. Matt wants to live next to Carter and Nash and he said another kids name I think, or something along those lines."
"Nash?" I asked.
"Yeah" Mike answered.
"That's who lives next to us"
"Well they are moving to Newton, that's an hour away but I don't know if they already moved or not" Mike says. I walk into my room and texted Hayes.

I don't know Matt but he's my step-sibling

Oh, well I can have you meet him?

No it's okay Mike is taking me to meet him this weekend but thank you for bringing him up.

I got everything ready for school and sat on my phone for a while. I saw a Twitter notification. I rarely get those.

@HayesGrier is now following you!

I looked at his Twitter for a few minutes and then all these follows were coming in from things saying Magcon or Hayes, mostly. Then I saw that Hayes had 1M followers. His first tweet was a retweet from a girl

Espinosa/Grier
Hayes just followed a pretty girl guys!!!!!What does that mean?!

I laughed and commented on it.

It just means we're friends now.. don't worry

Then she was freaking out about how my last name is Espinosa and so she tagged Matt. I followed him and then went to bed.