Chapter 3

It's been a week since I asked about Matt and today is the day that I get to meet him.

My mom, Broden, and I followed Mike out the door and got in the car. I sat in the back behind my mom. Then I got a text from Hayes.

Where are you going?

To meet Matt

Oh, have fun. He's a cool dude and he's hilarious. Watch his Vines on the way or something!

I already did last night

Hahaha

I put my phone down, not answering Hayes because I'll get car sick and listened to music.

We had an hour car ride but we are finally here. I'm honestly excited to meet them but I don't think my mom is excited to meet Mike's ex-wife.
"Hello" Mike's ex-wife answered the door. "I'm Sarah, it's nice to meet you" she shook my brother and my hand and then my moms and she completely ignored Mike. (Again Sarah is just a name I'm not positive if that's actually Matt's mom's name)
"Hey kids" Mike said to the three people in front of him. They all went and hugged Mike and then went to my mom and shook her hand and then my brother and then me. "Sarah, Dylan, Kristen, Matt, this is my wife Melissa and her two kids Evan and Gillian. Evan is 11 and Gillian is 16. Melissa, Gillian, and Evan this is my ex-wife Sarah, son Dylan he is 21, Kristen she's 19, and Matt he is 16."

(Okay Hayes and I are older in this story than in real life sorry for the confusion with that. Nash is a year older than Hayes and of course Dylan and Kristen aren't those ages in real life.)

Matt and I sat next to each other at the table while we ate and we started laughing because he was making funny noises. Hayes was right he is cool and funny. I actually like Matt a lot. Kristen started hanging out with me too and we exchanged numbers so we could hang out more. I actually like all of them a lot. Unfortunately we had to leave because Evan and I have school tomorrow and since Matt does online school, he doesn't have to go.

I got home and ran over to Hayes's its only 7 so I have some time before I have to get ready for school tomorrow . "Gillian, what are you doing?" my mom asked.
"Talking to Hayes for a while" I told her and I knocked on the door.
"Cam, you get!" I think Nash yelled. Someone opened the door who I'm thinking is Cam.
"Uh, hi"
"Hi" I said and walked in.
"Nash, there's a girl at the door" the one I think is Cam said. Nash came over to the door where I was standing and said "oh hi, Gillian"
"Cam, this is Gillian, Hayes's friend. Gillian this is Cameron, he's another Viner" I nodded and pointed upstairs and Nash nodded so I ran upstairs and went into Hayes's room.
"Hey, Gillian. How was meeting Matt?" he asked. I think Hayes was going to hug me but he stopped himself.
"It was great actually. They are all so nice. Matt is hilarious" I could go on and on but I didn't want to annoy Hayes so I stopped.
"I told you" Hayes said smiling. He looked at his phone and smiled. Maybe he has a girlfriend. Should I ask who he's texting? I decide to leave it alone.
"So people have been saying that Mason Tran likes you" Hayes said, looking back up at me.
Wait really? Oh my, stop, Gillian, it's probably a rumor. I don't know what to say. "Why does it matter to you? You have a girlfriend anyway" I don't know why I'm being rude about the fact that he has a girlfriend. It's not like I care.
"I was just wondering because I don't like him and I don't have a girlfriend" Why doesn't Hayes like Mason? How does he even know Mason?
"Who were you texting when you smiled then?"
"Nash! He said I better not be doing anything up here and I laughed!"
"Don't yell at me, Hayes"
"Don't accuse me, Gillian" I got up and walked out of his room.
"Bye Nash and Cameron" I said and walked out of their house and over to mine. I went up to my room and laid in my bed, looking at my phone and I got a text from Hayes. I didn't want to read it but I clicked on his name and saw the text.

Gillian, I'm sorry for yelling at you. I'll see you tomorrow. Love you

Actually he won't see me tomorrow because I'm mad at him but "Love you" really caught my eye. He's never said that to me before and it's weird. I put my phone on the table next to my bed and went to sleep.