Alluring In Blood -26

Start from the beginning

          My words must have confused her, confirming my beliefs. No one knew that I lived through this day and witnessed Cecile’s sacrifice that only turned to mine. Halting to a stop, I wondered if it was true, that I choose the dark side.

No, the darker side would be the correct term.

          Well until I discover what the two sides want from me- as well as the other two, I wouldn’t judge. “Okay, wear this.” Ileana said, handing me a strange item that resembled a jellyfish, swirling with bright neon colors endlessly.

          I couldn’t help but scowl at her, full with distrust. “I could have killed you each time you slept. Wear it and stop being a confused brat. This will clear everything up, no more confusion and I even promise it’ll cure Landon.”

“Cure Landon?” I pried at the new information.

          “Oh you’ll see soon enough. It’ll be quite the show, I was informed by Elizabeth herself.” Before I could ask more, she threw the jellyfish-orb into my face.

          Pain took its toll as the thing sucked at my face. My hands automatically went to remove it, but only touched my face, as if the orb was nonexistent. That didn’t stop it from taking my air, also making me struggle less.

          Not wanting to waste the oxygen and at the same time, the need to die and get all this over with was heightened. I was stuck between a debate whether to keep struggling or just give up and hope for the best.

Oh Audrey, you’ve always been naïve.

          Naivety was weakness. To believe everything because you had no mind of your own, that you had no power to say no and defy. Filled with negativity flaws but all you had to say was yes to everything to be naïve, forgetting that no mind, no power, no tact was the reason to all that.

I wasn’t naïve. I would be naïve to believe her words.

*

“Clarisse, why did you buy everything in black?”

“For the big party darling.”

“What party?”

“A party for grownups, it’s not for some time but you know my saying; Always be prepared.”

“Can’t I go? I always go with you for the parties.”

“Oh dear, you’ll be the host. Of course you’re coming.”

*

“Clarisse, why is there a new man every day?”

“Friendship reasons.”

“Is that so?”

“No.”

“Will you ever tell me?”

“Only that, one day you’ll need to one of them.”

*

“Take this drink, darling.”

“Must I Clarisse? It tastes gross.”

“It’ll make you stronger!”

“Liar.”

“It’ll make you forget the pain.”

“What pain?”

“The pain that you’ll be getting soon.”