Alluring In Blood -18

God and the Devil usually are portrayed as fighting over the soul of humans, with the Devil seeking to lure people away from God and into Hell. The Devil commands a force of evil spirits, commonly known as demons. Devil, the rebellious fallen angel that tempts humans to sin if not commit evil deeds himself, banning the humans and supernatural from their reward. In each case though, a different location varies.

Simple right? At least that’s what Wikipedia and Sabina combined information taught me.

        I was destining myself to burn in Hell with him. Didn’t the spot Sabina told me about include vampires among the full-blooded? Suppose not.

       “Why me?” I asked. Somehow, the being a 1st generation vampire excuse wasn’t enough. “Because you’re the first vampire that accepted them, so naturally you’re the only child of mines I could trust.” I frowned. Didn’t Jason tell me he’s a demon? Yes he did. Does that make him the Devil’s son? I don’t know how Hell and the children system worked.

      “What could I do?” I emphasized helplessly. I stood my spot and waited while Devin scratched his stubble thoughtfully. But I knew better, he had it planned out, he’s just waiting for me to crack my barrier and fully pledge my alliances.

      “Be a spy, whatever information you collect it directly reaches me.” I frowned at the obvious loophole. “They don’t tell me anything, neither to the others.” I pointed out. At least I think I didn’t think they tell them. I couldn’t imagine Dakota or Ashton hiding something from me, but everyone has a second skin.

     “Of course they wouldn’t tell you. Get into their inner circle and you’ll get everything we’ll need.” Devin said, twirling something in his hand. I glanced at it and flickered my eyes back to Devin’s. “I don’t know…” I said, hesitating. “Why can’t you? I mean you’re…you,” I pointed out lamely. “Can’t you just—“

     “The borders of Wildmasters are protected by the very same spell Cecile used on our old home. I can’t smell, see or hear anything inside the walls.” Devin said, seething with anger. I took a step back only to hit a wall.

      I looked back, not finding anything but the wall many steps away. I experimented and touched the invisible barrier. Trapped in a box, again, but it least it was clear so it didn’t set off my claustrophobia aloft.

     I was calm until lukewarm water started climbing up my ankles. I seized with fear, having two emotional experiences with water build a powerful phobia. Looking up to meet Devin’s face, I scowled as he grinned evilly at me.

      “Don’t take it personal, I just need your alliance to be true. It was wavering and we can’t have that, can we?” I just remained silent, the water soon reaching my knees already. Somehow, something in me wanted to keep Landon’s last wish true. Keep him that promise. Even if it’ll cost me my life.

      Why taint myself with working with the Devil when I went good for so long. I planned to keep my resolve until the screams began. Out of nowhere, everyone I knew in my lifetime screamed my name filled with pain.

      I kept frozen, due to the dismay of Devin so he said, “All recorded live, and I practically enjoyed torturing Clarisse. Who knew she had a fear of darkness that bad?” He looked amusedly around as if someone was going to answer.

      “Leave her out of it!” I screamed, finally limps acting in motion. I banged the clear barrier, ignoring the tingling after each beat and the waist high water levels. “She’s a human, you won’t g—“ I stopped and gaped at him. “Clarisse isn’t human, is she?”