Alluring In Blood -5

I found myself running through a dense forest in the dark. The only other sounds than the occasional crack of twigs was the distant cries of the town. My legs ached but I kept pushing myself.

     I didn’t risk to look back to check if Jaime was still behind me, I strained my ears but I was literally still deaf in one ear from the explosion. I felt my blood draining from the wounds slowly my energy going along. Each breath tore my chest; I eyed every possible route trying to smell the musky rocks that only caves had.

     I ran for a few minutes and the cries soon faded away. I wanted to close my eyes and cry in relief but I knew they wouldn’t give up, no they would send the Jolux to hunt us when they give up.

     I tripped over a root, gasping in pain I noticed all my blood flowing out of their wounds even more freely. I cursed and looked around the forest, some birds were looking at me pityingly. Jaime wasn’t around. My heart clenched uncomfortably but it’s the way it worked, I couldn’t risk going back for him. Jaime might already be dead, I knew they wouldn’t bother taking him to the town square to prosecute him in public like they promised they would.

     I closed my eyes and focused on the smell. I let my legs lead me as I shut off my brain to be all instinct. Soon I heard cascading waterfalls, I opened my eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. No one but me,

No Jaime too…

      I walked to the waterfall and to my relief was a small cave behind it. It was perfect timing, my bleeding was out of control now and I felt too light-headed. I sat on the edge and dipped my legs in the cool water. The pure water tinged with my blood immediately.

     I rummaged through my knapsack looking for the flask that held Caelian. I sipped the flash quietly wondering what I should do now. Jaime told me he had a plan, he promised he’d stay alive for me just as I promised I wouldn’t go back for him if anything happened. I regretted it, but promises can never be broken unless death comes in the way.

I learned that the hard way.

    Slowly my wounds sealed themselves. I removed my dress and lowered myself into the water to clean off the blood left on my upper body. Once I was done and dressed I delved deeper into the cave to rest.

     I heard pebbles clatter across the stone floor, my ears perked up at the thought of him finding me. The familiar deep dark voice laughed. Damn, not the certain boy I was hoping for.

* * * * * * * *

     I woke up with a speeding heart, I licked my chapped lips nervously surveying the room in case the owner of the voice decided to pay a little visit as well. "Just a dream," I chanted trying to ease my fear and tension. I untangled myself from the sweaty sheets and made my way to the kitchen for some water. "Hey Ileana, where's Pablo?" I muttered sourly as I searched the fridge for the jug of water.

     "Scared him with your screaming," Ileana said, popping from the default picture frame. "I promise you, I had nothing to do with it." Ileana started, holding a hand to her heart as an oath.

     I snorted. "So it was a Mare then?" Ileana shook her hood. "I killed off the last Mare last year, kept trying to eat my picture each night he thinks I’m asleep." I poured myself some water and sipped quietly. "Don't you know you cursed the dorm room with killing that Mare."

     "It's you who have to live with that curse, I couldn't care less." Ileana muttered, letting a quill appear in her hand and started scribbling on the default man. "Is he your boyfriend? He’s fiercely hot."