Alluring In Blood -12

____________________________________________________________________________

           I stared at Landon talking to Vienna, noting that small crinkle on his forehead, scrunching up of his lips, as he tried to keep up with the conversation that Vienna insisted to have at high speed talking. Faintly smiling I returned and focused on the potion Eilith insisted I create for Landon since I did that miracle a week ago with healing him.

         Adding the ingredients blindly, I continued my staring not being in control with myself. Vienna touched Landon’s arm in a flirty way that I had to grip the boiling cauldron not to go clawing her face away.

         Vienna has been keeping Landon away from me whenever possible, I don’t know how she figured out my crush but she did. I guess she feels something is different about me to feel threatened enough to pump up her flirting attempts to high voltage.

        “Audrey! Why don’t you fetch me some water?” Vienna high-strung voice called out. “I’m absolutely parched.” She added unnecessarily giggling.

       “Sure thing Vi,” I said injecting sweetness in my voice, I discreetly grabbed the poison and hid it in my pocket.

       “Audrey, why don’t you go to the library?” Eilith said causing me to jump. I turned and looked at her with Bambi eyes. “I’ll get Vienna the water, you skip ahead.”

         Eilith looked weary; I wondered quickly if she saw me pocketing the poison. She raised her eyebrows impatiently and opened her palm pointedly. I nodded in defeat, handed Eilith the poison to her open palm, and headed to the library without a backward glance to the couple lounging and laughing loudly now.

         I closed the library door with an irritated bang and decided quickly to view the vampire section. Wildmasters library didn’t have a vampire section for me back there because it’s semi-rare, but in Neurombel with the pirates looting the world they managed to find quite the collection.

         My footsteps echoed the library, humming an off-key tune. I wondered what could be happening up there. Did Sabina and Ashton return? Is Jason regretting letting me go so easily to the grasps of Zorya? Did they execute Zorya or at least punish her? God, I hope so.

“Landon…” I said confused. Didn’t I just leave him with Vienna?

         Landon looked away from the shelf and smiled at me. “Pirates magic.” He said vaguely winking, my mind sputtered into a halt banning all thoughts and questions. “Pirates can do duplication, commonly once is the pirates limit.” Landon explained mistaking my dreamy face for confusion.

         I managed to tear my face away, hating the fact I’m acting like a whipped puppy. “Interesting,” I murmured as I traced each vampire book. “Vienna too much to handle?”

         Landon laughter echoed across the library, it sounded husky and deep. “Always,” I smiled slightly and picked a random before walking away and settling into the chair to start my reading.

        “I know you how you feel about me,” Landon said quietly as he joined me, breaking the silence. I felt my eyes darken as I looked at him questioningly. “I’m familiar with vampire behavior.”

“Care to explain more?”  I asked trying not to raise my attitude eyebrow.

        “I used to be a scholar before…I became what I am today, and I had a fascination with vampires mostly.” Landon started already looking lost in a memory. “One thing that intrigued me was their love pattern.” I blushed looking away but he continued. “Vampires are like wolves in a way; they pick the strongest candidate they believe would ensure their survival.” I looked at him in disbelief. It sounded like the Vampires were dealing with items.