Alluring In Blood -11

Dedicated to a wonderful fan, miss_cupcake101.

Go read her books, and enjoy the chapter I loved writing it. :D

Landon played by charming Xavier.

_______________________________________________________________________

        “Audrey pass me the Vaile leaves will you?” Vienna asked as she pounded some snake fangs before adding them into the brass cauldron that bubbled disgustingly with purple substance that smelled worse than fifty-year-old rotten cheese. “And the horned roses while you’re at it.”

        I nodded obediently and went to the shed behind the one story house. I quickly grabbed the required items and added Lumens eyes knowing Vienna would need it as soon as she added the salt after the horned roses and salamander tail.

        It’s been an entire week since I’ve fallen to Neurombel, the first day was the explanation and healing me of the wounds. After that, I got so bored sitting in the bedroom staring at the walls on day two that Vienna pityingly offered to teach me healing and brewing.  I accepted with hesitation.

         “Thanks princess,” Vienna muttered absentmindedly, I cringed remembering Zorya calling me that just before I fell. Vienna had a point though, I was spoiled just like a princess. I smirked as I remember day four, I went off and gave Vienna the wrong ingredient that almost killed her when she added it and the potion came to live as a living potion monster thingy.

You could say she’s not incredibly fond of me. Yet.

       “Okay Audrey come here and add the Banshee blood,” Vienna ordered scooting away. I walked hesitantly fingering the vial that held the transparent blood. “Oh come on I know you couldn’t possibly make this cauldron explode too so just pour it.”

       I pouted to hide my annoyed expression and cracked the cork off. Vienna quickly dressed me in earmuffs just as the scream blasted through the vial. I winced before settling comfortably into the comforts of the earmuffs.

       I glared accusingly at Vienna, “Really? Audrey, its Banshee blood everyone knows to wear earmuffs while dealing with it.” Vienna muttered disdainfully, I sniffed and ignored her.

       We heard a horn echo through the island; I looked at Vienna for a explanation. She’s too busy with the stirring to notice my questioning look. I sighed and snuck out of the room to search for Eilith, who was known to answer my answers unlike Vienna.

      I entered the library door and searched for Eilith, she’s usually in the corner of the library looking over books for some way to get me out of here when she’s not helping me with my Astral magic. “Hey Eilith,” I whispered loudly.

       Eilith looked up with tired eyes and smiled. “Audrey, how are you and Vienna doing with the potions?” I shrugged and settled on a simple OK.

      I took a seat beside her and traced one of the books mindlessly. It was in Greek, no chance of me reading that.  I drummed my fingers along the spine of another book until Eilith sighed pointedly. “No Audrey. Nothing yet sorry,”

I grimaced at the tears that formed my eyes.  It wasn’t fair.

       I shook my head out of the negative thoughts and turned to Eilith remembering the noise. “Eilith what was that sound? Err…it went boom.” I asked feeling childish.

       Eilith turned to me confused before understanding dawned her face. “Oh Audrey, I didn’t hear but I need you to do me a favor.” I nodded quickly. “Right, run to the shore and pick up the parcels and boxes and get them here, at least to the porch if they're heavy.”