The Power Of Three Pt. 2

Brian is keeping a video diary.

"Brian's log, day sixty-seven."

"You, er, you can't call it that. Brian's log?" Rory asks,

"Brian's log, day sixty-seven. Cube was quiet all night, Once again. Cube was quiet all day, as per previously. No movement. No change in measurements. End of entry."

"You stay up and watch it all the time?" Rory asks.

"I film it while I'm asleep. When I wake up, I watch the footage on fast forward. I e-mail the result to UNIT. My middle name is diligence."

"Wow. I can't wait to see day sixty-eight."

"Don't mock my log. I'm doing what the Doctor and {Y/N} asked."

*Hospital – December*

The decorations are up Merry Christmas Everybody is playing on the PA.

"Er, Mister Ryan, please," Rory says, a young man with his foot stuck in a toilet bowl looks up "again?" Rory wheels him away.

*Ward*

An old man is lying on a bed, reading a paperback. A man enters wearing a mask and draws the curtain.

"I'm fine. I've been done" the old man says.

"What seems to be the matter?"

"I'm just waiting for a prescription" he replies.

"Where does it hurt?" a second identical man enters.

"I said I'm fine. Will you tell your colleague here that I. Stop!" the old man pulls down the orderlies masks. They have snouts with grills rather than noses and mouths. The box by his bed glows red as he screams. In an office, the boxes are used to put post-it notes on, create targets for putting practice, and as paperweights. In the streets, there are piles of them by waste bins.

*Back garden – June*

The Williams are hosting a barbeque. Amy makes a telephone call.

"Hey! Doctor, {Y/N}, it's me. Hello. So, the UN classified the cubes as provisionally safe, whatever that means, and Banksy and Damien Hirst put out statements saying the cubes are nothing to do with them. And the cubes, well, they're just here. Still. What's it been, nine months? People are just taking them for granted. Maybe we'll never know why they came. But anyway. I got to Laura's wedding. It was great. She's here tonight, being as it's our wedding anniversary. We thought you might have dropped by. I left you messages" a man carries a large bouquet of flowers up behind Amy.

"We know! Happy anniversary! Come with us. And bring your husband" the Doctor says, {Y/N} stands behind him smiling.

*Savoy Hotel*

"26th of June 1890. The recently opened Savoy Hotel. Dinner, bed and breakfast for two. Bonjour, bonjour. Merci, Auguste. You'll be back before the party's over. They won't even notice you went. No complications, we promise" {Y/N} says, Rory kisses her on the cheek "oh" she heads back into the TARDIS.

*Street*

Amy and Rory are still dressed for 1890, and it is snowing.

"Bit of a shock, Zygon ship under the Savoy, half the staff impostors. Still, it's all fixed now, eh?" the Doctor says they are all sitting on the ground.

*Bedchamber*

"Check the corridors!"

"I thought we were going home?" Amy asks.

"You can't miss a good wedding. Under the bed. Under the bed!" they all hide under the bed "shush!"

"It wasn't my fault," Amy says.