The Wedding Of River Song Pt. 4

"Attention all personnel. Please check all assigned containment units" a lady in a white coat is watching a screen.

"You were right. Just their presence in the building caused the loop to extend by nearly four chronons" the clock now reads 05:02:57, 58, 59.

"Hi, honey. I'm home" {Y/N} says.

"And what sort of time do you call this?" River asks.

"The death of time. The end of time. The end of us all. Oh, why couldn't you just die?" Kovarian looks at {Y/N}, Kovarian is tied to a chair.

"Did my best, dear. I showed up. You just can't get the psychopaths these days. Love what you've done with the pyramids. How did you score all this?" {Y/N} asks.

"Hallucinogenic lipstick. Works wonders on President Kennedy. And Cleopatra was a real pushover" River responds.

"I always thought so" {Y/N} replies.

"She mentioned you."

"What did she say?"

"Put down that gun down.'

"Did you?"

"Eventually."

"Oh, they're flirting. Do I have to watch this?" Kovarian asks.

"It was such a basic mistake, wasn't it, Madame Kovarian. Take a child, raise her into a perfect psychopath, introduce her to {Y/N}. Who else was I going to fall in love with?" River asks.

"It's not funny, River. Reality is fatally compromised. Tell me you understand that" {Y/N} says.

"Dinner?"

"I don't have the time. Nobody has the time because as long I'm alive, time is dying. Because of you, River."

"Because I refused to kill the woman I love."

"Oh, you love me, do you? Oh, that's sweet of you. Isn't that sweet? Come here, you" {Y/N} moves towards River.

"Get her!" soldiers grab {Y/N}.

"I'm not a fool, sweetie. I know what happens if we touch" River replies, {Y/N} smiles slightly and grabs River's arm "get off me. Get her off me! {Y/N}, no. Let go! Please {Y/N}, let go!"

"It's moving. Time's moving!" 05:03 and counting.

"Get her off me! {Y/N}!"

"I'm sorry, River. It's the only way" they flashback to the lakeside, then the soldiers pull {Y/N} off.

"Cuff her."

"Oh, why do you always have handcuffs? It's the only way. We're the opposite poles of the disruption. If we touch, we short out the differential. Time can begin again" {Y/N} says.

"And I'll be by a lakeside killing you."

"And time won't fall apart. The clocks will tick. Reality will continue. There isn't another way."

"I didn't say there was, sweetie, there are so many theories about you and I, you know."

"Idle gossip."

"Archaeology."

"Same thing."

"Am I the woman who marries you, or the woman who murders you?"

"I don't want to marry you."

"I don't want to murder you."

"This is no fun at all" the Doctor speaks up.

"It isn't, is it?" River asks.

"{Y/N}, Doctor, what's that?" Amy asks.

"The pyramid above us. How many Silence do you have trapped inside it?" the Doctor asks.

"None. They're not trapped. They never have been. They've been waiting for this, Doctor. For her" Kovarian says.

"They're out! All of them!" Rory bars the door "no one gets in here! Ma'am, my men out there should be able to lock this down. We have them outnumbered."

"And you're wearing eye drives based on mine, I think. Oops" Kovarian says.

"What do you mean?" {Y/N} asks electricity surges through Doctor Kent's eye drive. She screams "help her! Help her!"

"She's dead," Amy says, the Doctor and {Y/N}'s eye drives try to zap them.

"Eye drives off now. Remove them" the Doctor says as he takes his off while Amy takes {Y/N}'s off, then her own.

"The Silence would never allow an advantage without taking one themselves. The effects will vary from person to person. Either death or debilitating agony. But they will take you all, one by one" Madame Kovarian's eye drive starts to zap "what are you doing? No, it's me. Don't be stupid. You need me. Stop it. Stop that!"

"We could stop this right now, you and I" {Y/N} says looking at River.

"Get it off me," Kovarian says.

"Amy, tell her," the Doctor says.

"We've been working on something. Just let us show you" Amy says.

"There's no point. There's nothing you can do. My time is up" {Y/N} says.

"We're doing this for you!" Amy says.

"Then people are dying for me. I won't thank you for that, Amelia Pond" {Y/N} says.

"Get it..."

"Just let us show you," River says.

"Please. Captain Williams, how long do we have?" Amy asks.

"Er, a couple of minutes."

"That's enough. We're going to the Receptor Room right at the top of the pyramid. I hope you're ready for a climb" River says.

"I'll wait down here, Ma'am. Buy you as much time as I can" Rory says.

"You have to take your eye drive off."

"Can't do that, Ma'am. Might forget what's coming."

"But it could activate any second."

"It has activated, Ma'am. But I'm of no use to you if I can't remember. You have to go now, Ma'am."

"Yes."

"Now!"

"Yes, thank you, Captain Williams" Amy leaves, taking one last look back. Rory fights the pain to keep his gun hand steady as three Silence break through the door.

"Rory Williams, the man who dies and dies again. Die one last time and know she will never come back for you" Amy lets loose a machine gun at them.

"Come on, you. Up you get. You all right?" she takes his eye drive off.

"Amy, help me," Kovarian says, her eye drive is hanging off.

"You took my baby from me and hurt her. And now she's all grown up and she's fine, but I'll never see my baby again."

"But you'll still save me, though. Because they would, and you'd never do anything to disappoint your precious Doctor and {Y/N}."

"Ma'am, we have to go, now," Rory says.

"The Doctor and {Y/N} are very precious to me, you're right. But do you know what else they are, Madame Kovarian? Not here" Amy puts Kovarian's eye drive back in place "River Song didn't get it all from you, sweetie" Amy takes Rory's arm and they leave as Kovarian starts screaming "so, you and me, we should get a drink sometime."

"Ok."

"And married."

"Fine."

---

~Bread 🍞