Chapter Twenty Two - Bleeding Hands In Barbed Wire

Break was over and we were sat in science. Miss Ganill was explaining what we had to do for an assessment thingy. Couldn’t we just do something fun? She stopped explaining and we put pen to paper.

“Hey! Gwen!” Elora shouted at me when miss went out the room.

“What?” I snapped.

“How was Saturday?” she mocked.

She was probably talking about the water.

“Have you noticed Elora.” I started, “That ugly starts with u and awesome ends with me?”

She shut up at that and I heard a ‘ooh burn’ come from somewhere. You’ll pay for that was written across her smug face. Dull. Revenge was soooo boring! I thought finishing off my sentence.

“Sassy side of Gwen has revealed its ugly head.” Janet whispered to me.

“The sassy side of Gwen was revealed when I threw that drink at the devil.” I snapped back.

Nobody bothered me after I shut Elora up and I walked to the humanities alone. The authors had told me that they had spoken to my teachers and that I had fourth lesson off, with them. The good thing was A. I got to miss maths and B. we were going to talk about publishing my book! I was happy but at the same time I felt really horrible. I just needed to punch something, or someone. I frowned angrily as I walked into the classroom. J.K Rowling was sat behind the teacher’s desk and John Green was looking at a display.

“Is that a hand in barbed wire, bleeding?” Jo exclaimed incredulously.

“It appears so.” John replied looking at the piece quizzically.

I stepped further into the room.

“Gwen, I, I didn’t hear you come in.” Jo blurted surprised.

John jumped at the suddenness of her voice and swiveled round.

“Sorry.” I apologized shutting the door.

I sat on the table and dumped my bag in a nearby chair.

“So. What was it you were saying about my book this morning?” I asked casually.

“Well, I’m glad she’s a straight to the point person. Its gonna save us a lot of time.” John said to Jo.

“To put it bluntly.” She shot back giving him a she is in the room you know look.

It was funny hearing the two accents in the same room. English and American. Like hearing a Robin’s song against a parrot’s squawk. The Americans sort of got on my nerves, except ones like John Green. They were acceptable, because they were authors of amazing books.

“Right.” He finalized.

We talked and talked about the book for what seemed like forever.

“I could ask the school librarian if she could order some in.” I pointed out nibbling the end of my pen.

“Yes, good.” Jo agreed.

She had started pacing five minutes ago and I was finding it quite calming. John on the other hand. Jo sat down then as if sensing his thoughts and frowned thoughtfully.

“But where are we going to find someone who can create a book cover without telling anyone.” She mumbled but we all heard it.

“Oh yes, there is that.” John replied frowning thoughtfully too.

I was so confused. What were they talking about?

“I’m confused, what do you mean?” I asked putting my pen down.

“Well, cover artists they can’t be entirely trusted.”  J.K explained.

“Oh god yeah, do you remember that time-“but Jo nodded before he could finish his sentence. 

I looked at the two authors and they stared back.

“So, the books cover. Any thoughts?” I asked breaking the silence.

I walked out the humanities and crashed into Kassandra.

“Told ya she was here!” Steve yelled.

“What were you doing in there?” Kassie asked curiously.

I blocked the window in the door so she couldn’t see in. if Kassandra knew who was in there she would go completely mental, so would Steve.

“Um, nothing.” I replied evasively.

She glared at me and I grit my teeth.

“Okay!” she smiled and I sighed relieved.

Thank god! I stepped away from the door and followed them. As I glanced back I saw John through the window. He winked at me then moved away from the door.

Sorry I haven't posted in ages but I haven't been wanting to write! I've been fending off poeple who want to be in the book who I hate and people who think it's about school and Nathan. Well it ain't and this chapter kinda proves it so SCREW YOU! Anyway. Hope you enjoy! Keep reading/voting and don't forget to comment!

With Love! Lady_Greenleaf_ Xxxxxxxxxx