Chapter Four - Unanswered Questions

“Why are you so quick to judge?” I asked. Today hadn’t gone off on a good start. I was arguing with the person I hate the most.

“I’m sorry!” she exclaimed,

“You should be. You shouldn’t be so quick to judge.”

“What?”

“You shouldn’t be so quick to judge.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s rude, you don’t even know them.”

“I know they have no fashion sense.”

“Just like you then.” I smirked, Hayley and Fran smuggled giggles behind Leia.

I loved making her shut up, it was so fun, the look on her face was priceless. The bus came then and we all crammed to get on first, my turn came and I stepped onto the bus. The bus driver looked at my bus pass then waved me on, what a choice. I walked to the back and plonked myself onto a seat. Jasper and Henry sat behind me and I groaned. Great. I popped my earphones in and pretended to play some music. What I really wanted to do was listen to their conversation; they spoke so loudly it was surprising the whole bus couldn’t hear them. “I don’t see why you just ask.” Jasper queried,

“I don’t ask because she might say no.” Henry replied

“Oh for god’s sake Henry! She sits right in front of you!”

“Jasper! Not so loud! There are other people on this bus.”

“Well done Henry.” Jasper said sarcastically.

I smirked and played some music. I didn’t want to hear anymore. Ghost by Ella Henderson started playing in my ears and I smiled, I loved this song. Someone tapped my shoulder. It was probably Jasper, moron. “He wants to what?!” Leia shrieked. Wow I could hear her above the music.

“Why? Why would he want to do that? She’s a total bitch.” Leia declared.

I raised my eyebrows. I wonder who she’s talking about. I giggled to myself, Leia had so many enemies it was sort of hard to figure out who she was insulting. Maybe they were talking about who Henry was going to take to the party.

One of the girls, who I sort of liked, was throwing this big party for the year 9’s where everyone was invited but you can only go if you invite someone yourself and tell her who you’re going with. Yes, I know that idea kinda sucked

 It was for the end of the year because next year would be year 10 and it’s all very scary, it would be sort of a goodbye year 9 party. My friends and I decided that if no boy asked us by Friday (the party was on Saturday) that we were going as friends, it was all very exciting. The bus stopped to pick up the kids from Chard and then we were just leaving when I zoned out.

I came up with several different scenarios. The first one was where my crush asked me to the party and we ended up as boyfriend and girlfriend. Really Gwen? Never going to happen. The second was where Legolas and Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings came up to me at lunch time and asked if I wanted to go on an adventure in Middle Earth with them. Wait, what? And the last one was where Leia got dumped by her boyfriend and didn’t get let into the party because she was going alone. Now that would be a sight to see. I didn’t need to worry though because I was going whether I had someone or not, my band and I were asked if we would play at the party and because this would be our chance we accepted.

In the band we had two guitar players, three singers, a drum player, two keyboarders and someone who played the violin, the cello and the clarinet. It was a wide variety and it worked really well. The person who could play the violin was also extremely good at writing music, plus it was Emilia, so if there was a song that didn’t contain a violin she would just write a piece for it. She was one of our most prized players.

Unfortunately most of the hard work fell on me though because I chose the songs and I was lead singer. Great. Sometimes I really hated being lead singer and asked the rest of our band if I could do background singing, and every time they said no. I snapped out of my little reverie because someone tapped me rather harshly on the head. I looked up and saw Jasper’s head leaning on my seat. “Jasper.” I muttered, he nodded.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“Will you go to the party with me?” I literally snorted with surprise. Did he just ask me if I wanted to go to the party with him?

“Not a chance in hell.” I replied laughing. He looked so disappointed.

Then Henry’s head popped up over the other seat. I looked him in the eye but he was looking at Jasper. I turned back to Jasper, who was smiling. “Will you go with Henry?” he slightly whispered. I looked back at Henry.

Henry looked embarrassed. Where they being serious with this question? I mean did they mean it? I looked back at Jasper who now looked very serious. Henry piped up then. “Well? Will you go with me?”

“You’re serious about this? Like you’re seriously asking me if I want to go with you?” I asked. I wanted to confirm it.

Henry frowned and nodded. OK then, here goes. “I-I, Ur.” I stuttered, I had no idea what to say.

“It’s a no isn’t it?” Henry said disappointed.

The look of disappointment on his face made my heart melt. I couldn’t say no to him! He looked so disheartened. My brain whizzed as I tried to come up with something to say that wouldn’t break his heart. “Henry, it’s not a no. It’s a maybe; I’ll have to think about it.” I answered.

Henry’s face lightened up then. My cheeks blossomed red and I turned away. Was I really that pretty? Usually people only ask you to things like this if you’re either pretty or popular. And I’m not popular so it must be because I’m pretty, but I'm not pretty!. People don’t care about personality anymore, it’s really sad.

The bus pulled into the school and I shot out of my seat. I jumped off the bus and walked as fast as I could away from it. I did not want to see Henry’s face; he thought I was going to say yes. Gwen what have you got yourself into? I was too busy thinking about how I’d get myself out of this mess that I didn’t hear someone calling my name. They tapped on my shoulder and I whirled around. It was Isabelle and Emilia. “What are you so paranoid about?” Ems asked. I shook my head,

“Um, it’s nothing!” I said smiling. Isabelle looked at me curiously but waved it off.

“Come on lets go. We’re blocking the way.” Isabelle suggested. We followed her through the green gates and into the playground.

Thanks for reading! Keep reading/voting! Love oo guys!

With Love! Into_The_Dark xxxxx