Chapter Nine - Broken Hearts

We were all lining up for maths as I walked up to Janet and the others. What was I going to say to them?

"Hey guys!" I said cheerily. They looked at me. "What?"

"You might wanna not talk to Nathan." Steve advised.

I turned around and saw Nathan with his arm around Bridget's shoulder. He looked... happy. He saw me staring and the smile on his face vanished, he looked ashamed and pathetic all at once. The arm on Bridget's shoulder vanished and he was walking towards me. I kept staring as he walked, quite fast, up to me.

"Gwen." He started but I stopped him.

I lifted my hand up like I was going to touch his face but instead and slapped him. And hard. The surprise sent Nathan backwards and I frowned angrily.

"What." I asked through gritted teeth. My hands curled into fists by my side.

"I, I, it wasn't. Ow." He stammered.

The bell went then and I turned back to my friends. We walked into class and I sat down. People kept sending weird glances at me but I just ignored them and breezed through maths.

"She did what?" Kassandra whispered behind me.

"She slapped him bloody hard." Kaci answered.

Apparently my little stunt in the playground had spread through the year and everyone in year 9 was talking about how I slapped Nathan. It was his fault, he brought it on himself.

"I'll see you later Gwen." Kassandra said waving.

I nodded and smiled. Kassandra, Tessa and Kaci walked off together and Steve, Isabelle and I walked up the stairs to our history lesson. Luckily Nathan wasn't my lesson but some pretty thick jerks were in it. I rolled my eyes as silence fell when I walked into Hu5 (Humanities 5.) me and Isabelle plopped into our seats and got our work out our bags. Mr. Endon was talking about how our work had to be finished by the end of next week. Mine was done. Mr. Endon then got out something. Crap, it was my work.

"This is the kind of quality of work that I expect from each and every one of you." he said.

Great. Isabelle passed me a piece of paper under the table, I opened it up.

What is your problem?

You didn't answer me because you were waiting for your precious Nathan to come and rescue you. You're completely worthless you bitch.

Have fun trying to explain to everyone why Nathan attacked me, I mean he's not your boyfriend so good luck.

The words problem, precious, worthless, bitch, attacked, boyfriend and good luck were underlined. The only person who could've sent this was... Henry. Oops. I guess I didn't soften the blow like I hoped I would. He's probably fine. I glanced in his direction and got a look like daggers made from ice. Maybe he wasn't fine. I sighed heavily and sir dumped my work on the table.

"Good job." He complimented.

I groaned and put my head in my hands. Mr. Endon just made everything worse.

Hello my lovely readers. I got back from my amazingly hilariously fantabulous holiday in Bude with my friends. We had so much fun and made so many more inside jokes. We totally bullied our instructor (Which was one of the best bits) and overcome a couple fears, well some of us did. I hope you like this chapter because I only just wrote it and it might not be very good because I'm still a little tired from Bude.

With Love!!!! Lady_Greenleaf_ xxxxxxx