Chapter Five - Heads Are Exploding in Fits of Laughter!

First lesson, geography. Great, because that's totally what I want to do on a Wednesday morning. I pulled my chair and out and sat in it. Miss Finch was writing something on the board.

"Didn't Miss say something about this lesson we were going to do our assessments?" Izzy whispered to me.

I groaned, I definitely didn't want to do an assessment. Izzy laughed,

"What?" I asked,

"You're the one doing geography for GCSE." She joked.

"Oh don't remind me." I groaned. Why did I pick geography for my last option?

I rubbed my face and got my pencil case out. First lesson was going to be fun. Miss Finch stopped writing on the board and started handing out paper.

"Yep, were doing an assessment." I confirmed, this time it was Izzy who groaned.

Izzy and I walked side by side to next lesson. Textiles. My hand ached from writing so much in geography that I didn't want to go to next lesson.

"Hey can we just like skip this lesson? I'm hungry." I asked,

"Yeah but Gwen you're always hungry."

"I know." I said as I pushed the doors open.

"I don't wanna go either, I mean its Miss Miffed." Izzy agreed.

Miss Miffed was what we called our textiles teacher, we called her that because she was always having a go at somebody and using up like 5 minutes doing so. It wasted our time. Her real name was Miss Geoffrey.

Janet caught up with us as we walked across the playground; she was in our lesson too. She was holding a piece of paper.

"Another head exploded?" I asked. She shook her head.

"What?" Izzy exclaimed. I shook my head and Janet laughed.

"Mr. Fredrick's head exploded in math's yesterday." I told her. She widened her eyes.

I shook my head. It was a long story. We joined the line and waited for Miss Miffed to come. Janet prodded me and I looked at her. She was pointing at something. Or someone. Henry was coming. Oh god no. Izzy turned her head and saw him too, she grinned. Most of our friends knew Izzy and Katrina had a crush on Henry but after what happened this morning I couldn't bear to look at him. As he passed us he smiled at me. My cheeks turned slightly red and I looked away.

"What's going on here?" Janet prompted,

"I don't know Janet let's ask Gwen." Izzy also prompted. I looked at them both.

At that precise moment Miss Miffed came out. Thank god, saved by the teacher. We walked into the food and nutrition building and I completely ignored the childish giggles coming from Janet and Izzy behind me. Whatever they thought it was let them think it.

"Oh yes! It's over! It's finally over!" I shouted once we were out the building.

"You do realize we have Miss Miffed again sometime next week." Izzy said.

I slapped her in the arm.

"Don't ruin my moment of happiness!" I shouted.

"Gwen why are you so loud?" Rosalie joked as she came out.

We laughed with her and waited so she could catch up.

"Where's Janet?" I asked. She pointed.

Janet was walking with Tessa.

"Hey Janet you coming? We're going to get food." I asked. She shook her head.

"Wait we're going to get food?" Izzy asked. I looked at her.

Of course we were going to get food, I mean jeez.

"Yes Isabelle we are going to get food." I confirmed.

"I thought we we-"

"Food now!" I shouted cutting her off and dragging her towards the Giraffe house. This is what I did most times at break or lunch.

"Hey guys wait up! Are you getting food?" Kassandra asked coming out the math's block. I looked at her.

Izzy nodded and Kassie looked at me annoyed.

"You could of just said." She muttered walking beside me. We pushed the doors of the Giraffe house open, well I say we, it was more like Kassie and Izzy pushed them open. I just walked through them like the sassy person I am.

"Yes Izzy yes!" I screamed doing a celebratory dance.

We both laughed hysterically and the PE teacher looked at us weirdly. Izzy and I had just won our second tennis doubles match thing. It was our lucky day. Miss told us to go and play with Kaci and Maya-Skyla-Stephanie (Yes she has three names, I mean who comes up with these names?). Maya told us once that her middle name, Skyla, meant fugitive. Which, to be honest, suited her. But she hated the name and told us to call her Steve which we did, but the teachers definitely didn't get it.

I walked close to Izzy on our way up and whispered to her,

"We're so totally screwed."

"Yep." She answered.

At the end of the match we had managed to hit four tennis balls out the court and into the parking lot, yes I did say four. We were in the changing rooms now and Janet and I were singing let them burn, let them burn! As loud as we could whilst we changed.

"Let them burn! Let them burn!" Steve chimed in.

We burst out laughing and Janet nearly tripped over trying to get her tights on. That just made us laugh even more, and also scoring evil looks from the 'popular' people.

"Hey guys guys! Guess what? I'm handsome! You get it?" I joked holding my hand up.

Kassandra burst out laughing then because that morning in tutor we were talking about how we loved puns, or play on words as clever people would say. We were all laughing then. I loved my friends so much.

"Hey Gwen! We have History next don't we?" Steve asked with a smile on her face.

I nodded and carried on laughing. History would be fun!

We came out of history laughing our heads off. The mood from PE hadn't died down and we'd spent our entire history lesson telling bad jokes and laughing about random things. Plus we were bitching about people. This is what I had signed up for when I joined their 'cult'; cult is what they called their friendship group. We walked out the Giraffe house and made our way to the 'garden' it wasn't an actual garden but it's what we called it. We carried on laughing as we sat down at a bench. Kassandra and Tessa came next and sat with us. Then Kaci came up and sat with us with Janet. Lunch wasn't any better because we laughed so hard some of us even looked as though we were going to cry. This was the part of school I loved so much, hanging out with the people who meant the most to me. And laughing our heads off!

Math's wasn't any better because we went to an IT room. Steve sat on one side of me Janet sat on the other and Francesca sat beside Janet. It was a total laughing fest. We did hardly any work, laughed about the craziest things and probably gave our teacher the impression that we were total lunatics. Except Francesca didn't seem very happy in the last lesson.

I walked up to my house laughing to myself about what happened today. Today was definitely going in my memory jar.

Okay! Hey guys! I just want you to know me and my friends have been laughing about this book all day! And yes I have changed a lot of things, but I didn't like them so I had to change them! Plus the names I chose were names that my actual friends want me to use. Except Steve's she just wanted a really long one. She did actually want to be called Steve in it (She's slightly strange!) Na I'm kidding she's a really great friend. And most of the things that happened in this chapter actually happened in real life. Like the tennis game (And the balls going over the fence!) the geography assessment :'( and what happened at lunch. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I will be updating tomorrow and probably Saturday but not Sunday- next Saturday because A. I'm going on holiday with most of the psycho friends I mention in this story! We're gonna have so much fun! And B. its Respect Festival on the Saturday so I'll be going to that instead of writing. But I'll try to update!

With Love! Lady_Greenleaf_ xxx xxx