Chapter Three - Unexpected Comments!

I stepped through the back door and poked my head into the lounge. My dad was home, thought so. "Hey dad." I greeted planting myself on the sofa next to him.

He ruffled my hair, I tried to block him but he did it anyway. I smoothed my hair down and looked at the TV. My parents were watching NCIS again, Boring. Upon leaving the lounge I grabbed some chocolate from the shelf, "Don't eat all of it I'm doing dinner in a minute." My mum told me, I groaned. Did we have to go through this every night?

"Yes, but dinner will take about 30 minutes correct?" I asked,

"Well, yes, I guess." She replied.

I walked out the door as my answer. I ran up the stairs and walked into my room to find Athena spread out on the bed, asleep. She made me laugh sometimes. I sat at my desk and broke of a piece of chocolate. I popped it into my mouth and opened my laptop again. No emails, no posts, no... wait there was a comment on one of my books.

Hey! Okay so I was reading your book and I just wanted to point out... this is AMAZING! You are such a good writer! I've read your first book and I think it is absolutely brilliant!

I blinked a couple times, was this absolutely real? Was it actually happening? Usually I would get comments saying I had to improve and people giving me advice. Isabelle and Emilia (Another one of my friends, we call her Ems) would comment saying I love it! But they're just saying that because they love me. Ha-ha. I glanced at my digital clock and nearly fell off the chair, it was 7pm! Where had the time gone? No wonder my mum was doing dinner. I raced down the stairs, grabbed my planner out my bag and raced back up the stairs. My chair rocked as I jumped onto it and flipped my planner open to the homework page thingy. 2 pieces! I groaned as my brother came in. "Do you have Divergent?" he asked. I looked at him, not amused. He smiled boyishly.

"Why?" I asked back,

"You should never answer a question with a question."

"Know it all."

"Nerd."

"I'm proud to be a nerd, normal life is boring."

"Well, OK then, do you have Divergent?"

"Are you kidding me?"

"No. do you have it?"

"Yes."

"Can I have it?"

"No." I answered him finally. He looked at me and this time it was my turn to smile.

Nobody borrows my books, ever. My brother looked over at my bookshelf. Oh no you don't. I jumped from my chair and put myself between him and the bookshelf. I made a tutting noise and shook my head. He stormed out my room, like I said nobody borrows my books.

My pillow taunted me and I couldn't take it. I was going to write some more on Wattpad but I couldn't take it. My eyes were drooping and I felt really sleepy. My bed was cold but that was the way I liked it. I climbed in and did the warming up bed dance. My homework was completed; I had read Kt_love's next update. Everything in my life was up to speed. I reached over and pressed the alarm button on my clock. Life was going good.