Chapter Sixteen - She Looks So Beautiful

“Alright everyone calm down!” I shouted across the hall.

They were all psyched from the last song, True Love by Pink.

“We have some awards to hand out!”

Everyone gathered by the stage as Leah passed me the certificates. She told me they were in order of importance.

“Okay so our first award is for the most detentions.” I laughed as I said it.

What a weird award.

“And it goes to… Jacques Fageb!” I announced.

People cheered as he came up on stage punching the air. Jacques was my least favourite person in our popularity and he only cared about himself which was probably why he got that award. He took the certificate and stood on the stage somewhere to my left.

“The next one is for the least detentions. Who made these?” I asked.

“The teachers!” someone shouted out.

That would explain it.

“This one goes to Emma Sims.” She came up and got the certificate and stood beside Jacques. It was 5 past 10 and people were having so much fun. It was amazing.

I read out the last of the certificates and they came to collect it. It was a certificate for Best overall guy, they could be so sexist sometimes I mean why did the guys have to be the most important? Everyone clapped as the winners bowed all in one. It was a good moment. Lots of phone cameras flashed and the hall was ablaze with light. And it was only half ten.

The band was having a break and the speaker’s blared music. I was on the dance floor with my friends Steve, Tessa, Alice and Kaci. We were jumping up and down to the music. Selfie was playing and everyone was just hyper! I shook my head and my hair flew by my face. We were all laughing and having fun. And we still had an hour and a half! It was like this night was not going to end. I wish it didn’t.

I knew you were trouble when you walked in!” I sang into the mic.

We were back on stage and I was singing I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift. I was having way too much fun and would probably end up hurting myself. Plus I had had a lot of chocolate, and everyone knows what I’m like when I have too much sugar. I go completely and utterly hyper. At least it didn’t affect my singer.

I finished the song off and told the band I had to go to the toilet. I stepped off the stage and walked to the toilets. I opened one door and saw Bridget and James making out. I slammed the door and cringed badly. Eeeeeeeew! I was scarred for life. I would not get that picture out my head. On my way to the backstage toilets I was stopped by Maida and Elora.

“Hey guys. What’s up?” I asked cautiously.

“Nothing, just wanted to say great singing.” Elora complimented.

“Thanks. I guess.” I thanked cautiously.

There was something else happening here. I walked past them and scooted backstage. Those two gave me the creeps.

Someone threw ice cold water at me as I stepped out the backstage toilets.

“Okay! Not cool!” I screamed at them and cleared my eyes.

Lucky I brought spare jeans.

“Gwen! Are you alright?!” Tessa asked me.

“Ur no! I’m wet!”

“Eew.”

“Shut up Tessa!” she giggled as she handed me a towel.

I tried to dry my hair off a bit.

It was ten minutes later when I stepped out the backstage doors with Leah’s strapless black top on and my dry jeans. I kept pulling it up but Leah would slap my hands away.

“You look fine.” She kept whispering to me.

"Hey Gwen, where di- wow." It was Ingrid.

"Yes?"

"Nice top!" she complimented sarcastically.

"Ignore her." Leah told me.

My hair was a mess and it looked completely rebellious. People laughed at me when I stepped onto stage but I just went straight into singing. This song was one of my favorites, Done by the Band Perry.

I heard people mutter, she looks gorgeous and wow she’s really pretty in that top as I walked over to the food tables with my heels clicking on the floor and Steve at my side.

“It’s alright I’m here for support.” Steve reassured me.

“Thanks Steve.” I replied sarcastically.

I actually felt quite popular now.

“Gwen wait a minute!” it was Wendy,

“Yeah Wendy? Is something wrong with the equipment?!” I worried.

“Na. I just wanted to say you look absolutely beautiful!”

“Oh, thanks.” I blushed.

She smiled at me then walked away. It was Wendy. She was a nice girl actually. I mean we didn’t talk often or anything but from what I heard she was a really nice girl.

Hello! I'm sorry but I couldn't wait till tomorrow to update I had to do it NOW! Anyway some of the things in here are requests and I hope the people who requested it are happy with it!  Keep reading/commenting! With this many views I could end up getting it published!

With Love! Lady_Greenleaf_ XXXXXxxxxxx