Chapter 8: Turn To Be My Bride

Darkness.

Darkness everywhere.

Zi Xin felt as if there were snakes crawling all over her body. And everywhere they went, the snakes left a trail of fire.

Her body was burning yet it felt very, very cold. Sharp needles digging in to her skull, the pain was madding.

In all this pain, a form dully revealed itself. In the darkness, an image began to appear. The form was none other than that man who loved playing woman.

Dressed in beautiful robes, he walked towards her. In his hand, a large jar. Proclaiming it a parting gift, he handed it to Zi Xin.

Zi Xin was stunned a stone, in that very place for half a day before she could come out of her daze, the man had left, nowhere to be found.

To be sure of his disappearance, Zi Xin spent the remaining half of the day searching for the man.

When the Moon climbed the skys and the birds too had descended to the trees, had Zi Xin returned to his castle. Resting on the roof, enjoying the stars, Zi Xin relished in her freedom. She pulled out the wine.

The wine smelled of peaches. A lingering longing.

One mouthful, Zi Xin could taste the peaches.

A second mouthful, the stars began to twinkle brighter.

A third, and Zi Xin had lost her footing.

The world twirled in to one and warm clouds welcomed her.

Poison!

That shameful man had poisoned her. Not only did he have to take advantage of her, afterwards he poisoned her. All her life, Zi Xin fought with bandits, only to lose her life to such a shameful cunning man.

Zi Xin cursed the day, she fell in to that man's trap. Had she not been fooled. Had she not given in to lust. Had she refused to the marriage.

Perhaps she would be alive, lootings the lands with her sworn brothers.

So this was the end.

"Yenay..."

A soft voice sounded.

"Yenay..."

Again the voice called.

"Yenay..."

Such a gentle voice.

"Still dare to sleep..?"

The voice jested.

"Alright, Zhen shall sentence you to wear the nine layered Phoenix robes for half a month."

The Phoenix robe?

"Hmm...perhaps, Yun Tai Yi ought to be visit the Summer Nest."

A loud sound interrupted. A stone smashed against the floor. The sound continued for a few more moments.

"This Tai Yi begs the Emperor to reconsider, this Tai Yi is from the time of the previous emperor and has done everything for the Emperor from his heart."

This was a different voice. Not as pleasing to hear as the previous one.

"Should Zhen be grateful then?" The voice showed displeasure.

A smashing sound again.

"This Tai Yi only ask that the Emperor wait till the Sun rises tomorrow. This Tai Yi is willing to place his life on the line to prove that the lady will regain consciousness by then."