Chapter 6: It is Time

Autumn gave way to Winter; yet there were still no signs of the Emperor returning.

"I beseech the honourable Prime Minister Xia of the left and the absent Prime Minister Tian of the right to let our troops return."

"Thugh!" a stone tablet was flew over the top of the kneeling minister. it caused him to shake a little but he refused to move.

"We shall wait for the Emperor to return before reaching any conclusion." Prime Minister Xia declared.

this earned him a lot of ridicule.

"The Young Emperor who has not attend court for three months"

"An Emperor who is more fond of wondering around rather than govern."

A fairly young Minister with arch eyebrows respectfully stood up

"Surely the Prime Minister is jesting..." with a smile concealing an as of yet unseen agenda he continued

"The Emperor has not come to court for a quarter of the year, surely to expect the Emperor to be well informed of such matters is...."

"The Emperor has sent a letter informing us of his return"

A clear confident voice rang out, echoing inside the royal court walls. There at the entrance stode a dashing youth, age no more than twenty five; a smile with two adorable dimples on his cheeks; a true example of youthful innocence; all of which was a blatant lie as this youth was slimer than a snake.

"Ah Right Prime Minister Tian...Is that so" shakely asked the Minister.

The subject kneeling too was starting to hesitate; this Right Prime Minister Tian was a well known silver tongue. Despite having the looks of youthful innocence; he was by far the trickiest person to have a word fight with.

Prime Minister Tian walked in, with unhurried steps; completely displaying the earlier dire atmosphere.

"Do I, The Great Right Prime Minister Tian need to lie to a roomful of Ministers, including The Left Prime Minister Xia and the Dragon Throne....? "

His voice grew louder and and heavier with implications as he stopped indirectly before the Minister with had asked the question.

"Are you, perhaps accusing benwang of treason?"

Prime Minister Tian was just a breath away from touching the Ministers nose, with a madning look in his eyes.

"If Minister Cao is unable to prove benwang's treachery; are you willing to be held responsible?"

Minister Cao cowered before Prime Minister Tian's blazing gaze. His legs gave out as he quickly started knocking his head to the floor.

"This Minister did not wish to put such acquisitions on the Prime Minister, Heaven is my witness; if this lowly Minister has lied than let him parish before this very Dragon throne."

A very satisfied smile blossomed in Tian Fei Hong's face. A Little harder; once gone there will be one less cricket to bother his sleeps.

"Enough!" Prime Minister Xia signalled Minister Cao to stop. Minister Cao Immediately raised his face revealing a very bruised forehead.

"Yun Tai Yi!"

Li Gonggong quickly ran to call Yun Tai Yi.

Seeing Tian Fei Hong; that slimy brat, completely ignored him, Xia Bi cleared his throat.

Fei Hong looked over and smirked.

"Benwang greets The Right Minister Xia."

Fei Hong walked over and took the seat beside Xia Bi. He looked at the spectacle before him and than at the empty dragon throne.

"The Emperor has informed, benwang that he will be back before the next troops are sent out..."

with a smile he directly looked at Minister Pen who was still standing

"Thus the Emperor asked his beloved Ministers to wait for him."

He handed Fo Gonggong a golden scroll he pulled out of his robe.

"Read the imperial decree"

Fo Gonggong opened the decree.

"All bow down to accept the Emperor's decree"

Everyone in the hall went on their knees though reluctantly;

"Zhen shall return before the night of the Winter solstice and if Zhen is unable, Zhen wishes; Zhen's Advisers and Prime Ministers to handle the Court matters as they patiently wait for Zhen to return."

"All hail the Emperor!"

"Long Live the Emperor!"

"Court is adjourned"

Both the Prime Ministers were out the entrance before anyone could gather what had truly happened.

In the Emperor's Study Hall four men stood still around a strategy table.

"You counterfeited the Emperor's edict?! You slimy...you.."

Right now Xia Bi was pointing an accusing at a rather bored Fei Hong.

"Well then, tell me Lao Ye, how else did you expect to finish the morning assembly?"

Fei Hong looked at Xia Bi with some displeasure. He clearly did that to end the nonsensical gathering so that he could sleep. However this Lao Ye was still pestering him about the matter, even after benefiting from it the most.

Both of the Prime Ministers were at a stalemate.

"Should we not at first send a letter to the Emperor to return." A quiet voice like a wind chime rang out.

Both the Prime Ministers looked to their left. Long silky hair flowed slightly with the wind, creating a bit of warmth in the beginning of winter. Long hair loosely tied with a bright red ribbon; a rather drastic contrast to his otherwise simple pale blue attire. The man had a melancholy atmosphere around him. An aura of an artist; a wandering poet; this was however the beautiful Feng Mian; the Chief Adviser of the Yuan Empire.

"Feng Mian-ge is right. Benwang request the Great Prime Minister Xia to write a letter of urgency to his Majesty."

Fei Hong gave a pleading smile to Xia Bi, but who was Xia Bi to fall for this brat's antics; if he could not threat someone into doing his bidding, he would use his innocent face to win them over.

"No. You are better at lying, you do it. This Lao Ye has gotten quite old and wishes to rest for the day."

And with that Xia Bi disappeared.

Fei Hong sadly looked towards Feng Mian, who was now holding Tai Li; the Emperor's personal pigeon.

"Fei Hong, I believe you are capable of writing a convincing the Emperor to return."

Stroking Tai Li's feather, both the men shared a meaningful smile.

Another day Long Wei was busy playing a bandits wife when he saw a familiar bird fly over to his shoulder. He affectionately stroked the birds feathers.

"It is time." he announced to no one in particular.

Half a shichen later, the same bird flew out Long Wei's window returning with a different letter.