Chapter 41: Picture

"He… What ?"

You sighed,taking your newly-made-arm back. "It's in the record…" You mumbled. Blackstar stood up then went to her phone,then listened to the audio before going back. Yep,he felt jealous of Haruto because he was always beside you. But now,he was feeling a bit happy but mostly sad. Happy that he got a chance to be with you,but sad for him not having a chance to confess in person. He went back to your room,seeing you looking at the dark sky through the window,holding a small,obvious frown. He sighed,looking at your bandaged wrist. He glanced at the cupcakes he left at the center table,making him remember about it. He went to the living room then took the container,going to your room and placing it on your lap. "Here's your cupcakes." He sat beside you. You glanced at him,then at the cupcakes.

"Thanks…" You opened the container then took one of the cupcakes,then started eating. "It's nothing." He smiled,taking the other. He took a bite,then blinked. "It's sweet." He shrugged. You looked at him,then laughed. "Of course it is. That's why I love this." You smiled before taking another bite. Blackstar smirked. "I missed that laugh."

You blinked,looking at him. "What laugh ?" You asked. "That. I noticed that you've been so upset when Haruto died. It felt like forever since you last smiled." He shrugged. You were silent for a while,but smiled then glanced at the cupcake you're eating. "Haruto used to buy me a lot of these." You laughed. "He was an idiot before,he bought six and figured out that he just messed up a week of his allowance. So he ended up sharing food with me." You shrugged. Blackstar stared at you,tilting his head.

"You're… Not frowning…?" He asked. You looked at him,then took a large bite from his cupcake. "Hah ! Now that's for asking." You said,slightly muffled because of the pastry in your mouth. Blackstar stuttered,pouting. "That's mine !" He retorted. You laughed,sticking your tongue out. "I don't want to be upset anymore. I know Haruto will be sad." You shrugged. "So don't ever ask again ! Or I'll make you buy the whole bakery !" You threatened. Blackstar blinked,then chuckled loudly. "Are you threatening a god like me ? Hah ! Tsubaki can make her own bakery and give you infinite supply of cupcakes !" He bragged. You looked at him,then laughed.

"I hope you're happy,Haruto."

"Well,go take a bath. I noticed that's still your clothes until last time." Blackstar chuckled. You laughed,then nodded. "You're right." You grabbed your towel then placed it on your shoulder. "Close the door if you leave without me around." You glanced at him. Blackstar laughed. "Nah. I'm staying here. I told Tsubaki that we should have a vacation here until you find a new partner. You know… I know Haruto and he'll haunt my guts once I leave you here all by yourself." He shrugged. You blinked. "Really…? Well… Okay." You shrugged,then left. Blackstar laid on the bed,arms opened wide like it was his. He took a deep sigh,your scent catching up to his nose.

"(y/n) has a weird scent…" He scratched his head then sat up. "Don't tell me she uses cupcake-themed colognes." He blinked,looking around and sniffing. "Nah. Strawberries ?" He looked confused. "Nope… More like melon or mango…" He glanced at the bed,then blinked. "Wait,what the hell am I thinking about ?" He scolded himself. He went out of the bed then started to walk outside,not until he tripped. Again.

"What the—" He fell face-first on the ground. He sat up,scratching his head and pouting. "Again ? Am I being clumsy now ?" He grumbled,looking around. He noticed that your room was a total mess. "Woah… Too messy for a girl…" He commented. "What the hell dared to trip a star like me anyways ?" He glanced at the part where he tripped. He noticed a book,more like a photo album,barely peeking out under your bed. He got curious so he grabbed it,then took a look and flipped pages.

He saw pictures of younger you,with the younger him,all fun and enjoying. Also Sapphire 10 years younger,smiling and treating you both like her kids. His eyes shot wide once he landed his gaze on a long,panorama picture,with you and him. Both of your right pinkies were holding each other,smiles both seen in your faces. Yours is a happy one and his was a grin. "This… This picture…" He stuttered.

"Happened… 10 years… Ago…"