Chapter 36: Giving up on the Past ?

"I don't want to… Haruto said I can't—"

"He's gone and I know you can't handle it. I'm sure he's watching and he wants you to do what I also want you to do." Blackstar smiled. You stared at him for a while,then just looked down and started having a break down. "I-it's just that… It's all too sudden… H-he was just eating a cupcake with me yesterday… B-but now,it's a-already impossible…" You muttered,trying to catch your breath while sobbing. Blackstar rubbed your back repeatedly,sighing. It was sad for him to see you crying and all in front of him and he can't do anything to make you feel any better.

"I-it was all my fault… If I listened to him before… It shouldn't have turned this way… I-I was the the one destined to die back there… I-I should've just—"

"Don't say that…" Blackstar sighed. "It was Haruto's choice to save you. It wasn't anything near your fault…" He rubbed your back. You frowned as your tears continued to stream down like a river from your eyes. Yep,it really was his choice. But you can't help yourself from blaming your weakness. And cowardness. "Look at the bright side… You found out about your past." Blackstar said. You clenched your fists,but loosened it once you remembered that small promise you and him made since you both were kids.

You already loved him since that day you met him. And now,you know that he was a kid from your past who loved you the same way you loved him back then. But something was strange...

It felt like Haruto's death had more effect than meeting your promise love 10 years ago.

"Past…?" Your own hair covered your eyes,making it narrowed. "Yeah… I found out…" You mumbled. "But I don't care for now… I'd rather choose to continue living with a blank past…" You sighed,closing your eyes and letting your tears stream more. "Than to lose someone as important as him to retrieve them back…" said,sighing with your head still down. "I would even give them back… I would even give my whole memory back… If that's what it takes to get Haruto back here alive…" You glanced at him then back at the ground,sadly smiling as you opened your eyes again.

"I'd do it without hesitation."

Blackstar looked at you,surprised. "It just doesn't matter if I don't have him with me.." You mumbled. Blackstar felt like he made you feel worse by what he said,making him think a couple of curse words. You wiped your tears off then let your whole arm cover your eyes to try and stop more tears from leaking out. Blackstar placed an arm around you then pulled you to his chest,before patting your shoulder. "Go to sleep. It's already past 10 already,and it can help calm you down in the morning." He smiled. You looked up at him,then sighed with a nod. "Thank you…" You closed your eyes then let your arm drop on your lap. Blackstar watched you as you easily fell asleep,mainly because of tiredness and exhaustion. He sighed,letting you sleep deeper and picking you up.

"I wonder what will happen if this happens to me also…"