Chapter 38: Last words

You were sitting in the couch's corner,hugging your knees and looking at your feet. Being alone in a house where you used to live with your partner/bestest friend is boring. And sad. The atmosphere's down,the lights are off,the door and windows are closed. The only thing open around was your phone,which was beside you. It was flickering,mainly because of the people's messages of condolence. But you just ignored them.

Minutes later,a knock was heard. You glanced at the door,then sighed. "It's open…" You mumbled. The doorknob twisted and the door opened,revealing Blackstar behind it. "Oi… It's dark around here… You should've opened even a single light." He sighed,going to the switch and opening the lights. You continued to stare at your feet,not doing anything. It was like you were in a trance and all you can think of was Haruto's death.

"Uhm… I have something for you…" Blackstar sat beside you,handing you a small,metal box. You glanced at it through the corner of your eyes,before turning and taking it. "What's this…?" You asked,opening the lid and seeing a bright blue soul. You frowned,closing it. "That's…"

"Yep. Stein created the box. He said he was feeling bad about him failing to save Haruto,so he decided to make that box and give it to you." He smiled. "It can record his last words,(y/n). I'm sure you're upset cause he died without last words,so there. You can here them now." He stood up,patting your head. You looked at him,then back at the box,seeing a small,red button. "I'll just go buy some cupcakes for you. Stay here and listen to that,okay ?" He grinned widely with a thumb up,before leaving and closing the door.

You sighed,fidgeting and placing your feet on the ground,then placing the box on your lap. You stared at it for a while then took a deep sigh,before pressing the button.

It made strange sounds and stuff,then after a few seconds,the voice you miss was heard.

"Hey (y/n) !"

Your eyes shot wide,staring at the box. Even in his last words,his voice was still cheerful and happy going as usual.

"Are you upset ? Sorry,I had to do that. *laugh* Anyways,how are you ? Oh and,don't let your grades drop. NEVER. Or I'll haunt your dreams and scare you !"

You frowned,tears leaking out from the corner of your eyes. "Even in death… You still care for me…"

"Oi oi oi ! Why are you crying ?! You think I'm not watching here ? *smirk* It may give you creeps or not,but I'll say I'm beside you at this moment. I always am,you idiot !"

Then another laugh was heard from the box. You glanced at your side,before glancing back at the box. You covered your eyes to try and stop the tears from springing out and leaking again.

"Tch… You know that I hate seeing you cry. I know,you're thinking that I'm an idiot because I placed myself in the way… But it's my choice. Besides,I'd want you to live longer than I do. You just found out about your past and it'll be a waste if you die at the same moment.

Oh,did I mention that I love some girl ? I guess not. Do you wanna know who it is ?"

You blinked,staring at the box and sniffling.

"Really…? Who…?"