Chapter 21: Chills & Shudders

"Tsubaki,you're japanese,right ?" You asked as you looked at her. Tsubaki nodded with a smile. "Yes. Why ask ?" She asked. "Well… I want to ask if… Kouri's name has a meaning." You shrugged.

Yep,you both are walking together. Blackstar and Haruto left for some 'guy talk' she doesn't know about. Tsubaki blinked,pausing for seconds. "Oh. As long as I remember…" She blinked. "It means Ice." She answered with a smile. You slightly nodded. "Cool.." You shrugged. Tsubaki smiled. "Well… I think Azure meant blue,compiling her whole name to a phrase Ice Blue I guess." Tsubaki smiled. You smiled,then gave your thanks for sharing.

[To Blackstar's…]

"Oi. You're japanese,right ? Obvious by your name and surname." Blackstar crossed his arms. "Tsubaki also said you are part japanese !" Haruto said. "Psh. I don't know how to translate those." Blackstar sighed. Haruto just scratched his head. "It doesn't matter for now. The thing is,I felt shudders and chills when that girl walks near me." He shrugged. Blackstar smirked. "What ? You afraid of a girl ?" He teased. Haruto scoffed. "Says the one who's afraid to sleep without the lights on."

"WHEN THE HELL DID TSUBAKI SAID THAT ?!?!" Blackstar raged. Haruto laughed. "Scaredy cat. Assassins are in the dark,but you're afraid of it ? Tch. Girly." He shook his head slowly. Blackstar crossed his arms with a grin. "You can't even tell (y/n) how you really feel." He smirked.

Haruto blinked. "W-wait,how did yo—" "That flower game. (y/n) said it's real and it ended with a "He loves me" phrase." Blackstar interrupted Haruto. Haruto's eyes shot wide. "O-oi !" He stuttered. Blackstar laughed. "Who's the girl now,coward ?" He teased. Haruto huffed. "Whatever." He grumbled.

"Back to the topic. You're saying that something's strange with Kouri. What is it ?" Blackstar asked. Haruto sighed. "Yes. I don't know if it's my imagination.. But.. Sometimes I catch her taking glances at me. Mostly (y/n). And her eyes change from blue to (y/n)'s eye color." Haruto explained. Blackstar just nodded. "We'll find this out. Let's just wait for the right time." He grinned confidently. Haruto gave back a nod.

"Oh. Blackstar." Haruto poked his shoulder. Blackstar blinked. "What ?" He asked. Haruto gave him a serious look. "Truth is,I'm afraid to do this alone because I have the feeling that this is dangerous. So I dragged you along,knowing you're strong enough to handle it with me." He sighed. Blackstar blinked again. "What's that supposed to mean ?" He asked.

"I just want to tell you that.. If I can't,and if I don't have the chance to,please protect (y/n) from anything." He said. "I'll skin you alive if you don't take care of her while I'm somewhere else." His look turned to a glare. Blackstar laughed. "You didn't need to tell that." He smirked. Haruto smiled. "Good. I'm just saying this in case I catch up with that lady looking for (y/n) while I'm alone. So if I come to class late,I'm looking for something." He chuckled. Blackstar just nodded,holding a thumb up. "Anyone who tries to touch (y/n) will be easily defeated by a star like me so don't worry !" He smirked,confident.

"My my,you both are the boys near (y/n),right ? Hi !"

They blinked,looking at the same girl Stein introduced earlier. "Kouri,right ?" Blackstar smiled. Haruto just stood still,watching them. He didn't know if it was his imagination or not,but he saw him have a slight shudder when the girl came.

He felt it too.

"Are you both having a guy talk ? Sorry if I disturbed." Kouri smiled with a slight shrug. "Nah nah. It's fine." Haruto smiled. Blackstar just agreed. Kouri just smiled then politely nodded. "Maka and the others are eating lunch in the cafeteria. Wanna go over there with me ?" She asked. They just shrugged,then nodded.

"Okay."