Of blonde Barbies.

Start from the beginning

I creep behind one of the many dark trees to witness the deer who stared me down from my window last night. He's on the ground. Not moving. I feel some sort of connection to this strange deer and rush over to see he's covered in blood. Dead.

I jump down beside him, shocked and puzzled. "What happened?" I whisper, like the deer was going to hop up and tell me the events leading up to his death. As I kneel down beside him, I notice a pair of shoes standing just behind the deer.

My heart beats even louder, nearly being the only thing I can hear. Slowly, I look up only to be met with a pair of familiar eyes. This time, they were a very dark brown.
Thump thump.

A pale face stares down at me, almost in despair. His lips are covered in dark red blood, matching the same blood on the deer.
Thump thump.

"Olivia," he whispers. "Olivia."

I awake with a jump to see those eyes staring at me again, only this time in the real world and much lighter.

"Get away from me!" I jump back in the chair. My brain is somewhat still in dreamland yet I hope my consciousness has remained in the hospital.
"Oh my god. I'm sorry, Doctor Cullen. I just had a terrible dream and forgot where I was and-"

"It's fine, I understand." He chuckles in his unusual accent. It's definitely American. Yet I swear I can hear a slight British accent in some words. His eyes are light brown today, strange.

He swiftly moved on from that topic, "Archie, you're very brave. I'm glad to inform you that your new chemotherapy won't damage your hair growth. We could start it tomorrow...if that is ok with you both?" He looks at us both skeptically.

"Mhmm, ok." Once again, the little shit didn't give a shit as his head was buried in his Super Mario game.

I stared at this Cullen guy. I've never felt more conflicted towards someone in my life. A huge part of me wants to slap him in the face as I realized he was the owner of the black Mercedes and he left us on our own earlier this morning. But something in me wanted to get to know him, it was like I couldn't take my eyes away from him.

I continued to stare at him, only when he looked back I diverted my eyes somewhere else, "Yes that's fine. So Archie will have to stay here for the majority of the time?"

"Sadly, yes. His body will be too weak and harder to manage at home. We need to monitor his progress as this treatment is new. Don't worry, you're welcome anytime and we will make his room as homely as wished." Dr. Cullen smiled at me, but didn't look me in the eye.

"Oh, right." I sighed. Hospital life certainly isn't easy.

I hear a sudden movement at the door into Archie's little hospital room. I swiftly stand up, quite curious.

"Carlisle, Alice saw...oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you have a patient." A gorgeous blonde, pale woman stood outside the door as she accidentally interrupted Carlisle explaining the plan for Archie's treatments.

"Just a minute Rosalie, this won't take too long." Carlisle responded not even glancing up to dismiss her.

"You must be Edward's foster sister. He told me about you, come on in. Carlisle is nearly finished and Archie has no attention span and just doesn't care." I smile at Rosalie and extend my hand. I guess I should try get to know a few familiar faces in this tiny town.

Or not. As Rosalie crosses her arms, rolls her eyes and struts by me in her red high heels. She turns around slowly, flicks her hair and simply answers, "Yes, I'm Edward's foster sister." She sighs while dragging out each word and pulling a fake smile, like it's a chore to talk to any human being.

"Hey blondie, get out. You look like a vain Barbie doll who forgot to go to the tanning salon. You're rude, my sister is nice. Leave." My little brother looks her in the eye sternly, while pointing at Rosalie's annoyed face.

Rosalie stomps her foot like royalty and turns around, slamming the hospital door.

"Oh my god, she's so disrespectful." I didn't mean to blurt that out loud. I stand there shocked at the rudeness of Rosalie. She's around my age. Or looks it anyway.

"I'm sorry. She's impatient, I will have words with her." Doctor Cullen sighs sadly.

He finishes up with Archie and leaves the room abruptly. Without saying goodbye.