1

Hello! I have slowly reedited this story! 

My name is Genesis Wolfe, I am the daughter of the great Alpha Jonathan Wolfe.

From a young age, I was told that a time would come where I would meet my mate. I was told that the Moon Goddess gifted us werewolves with soul mates, other halves that would do anything for us and we would do anything for them.

I was fortunate to witness even for the brief time, my parents. They were mates and seemed perfect. Their love was something I had always wanted and admired.

I had always looked forward to having what they had.

My father was strong and my mother was loving. She was born of an Alpha too, making her blood strong and mine pure Alpha which hadn't happened for generations.

My mother was kind and compassionate and level headed which suited my father's stubbornness.

My father was the fiercest Alpha there was. We had all come from a long line of strong Alpha's but threatening a family could make an Alpha as weak and complicit as an omega.

I remember, my father once told me that meeting your mate was like someone pulling a curtain in a dark room. What once was dark was then light.

He said that was what it was like when he met my mother.

The Moon Goddess blessed me with wonderful parents and a loving pack. I thought that my life was perfect until I turned eleven and everything changed. I was taken from my pack and my family and everything I knew.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Me and my mother had curled up on the sofa to watch a movie and my father sat on the other side, massaging my mother's feet.

That night, everything was torn from me. I don't remember the movie we watched but I remember we never got to finish it.

While watching the movie, my father paused and began to look panicked.

He jumped up and began sniffing the air. My mother's body stiffened as she got to her feet as well. "John, what is it?" my mother asked, but my father remained silent. His eyes glazed over as they often did when he would mind link someone in the pack.

My mother grabbed my father's arm.

"Jonathan. Please, what is it?" my mother pleaded. My father snapped out of it with a worried look. "Grab Genesis, hide. Now." My father ordered. I didn't understand what was going on at the time but my mother grabbed my arm and rushed me over to the cupboard.

She dropped to her knees and pulled the cupboard door open before pushing me inside.

She placed her hand over my cheek that now had tears streaming down it. "Jenny. It will all be okay. Stay quiet for mummy now." She said softly.

I nodded to her and she closed the door.

I tried pressing my ear up to the door to hear something but it was silent. My hands shook uncontrollably, I was terrified. I tried gripping onto my knees to stop the shaking but my whole body began to shake.

I dug my nails into my knees, drawing blood and bit my lip in an attempt not to make any noise.

Within seconds, the door swung open revealing a large muscly man with a scar going down his right eye. He stared at me for what felt like minutes but only would have been a few seconds before he clutched his large hand around my ankle.

He dragged me out as I screamed for my father.

He smirked as I cried. He smelt my fear.

I screamed for my parents but I couldn't see or hear them. The man that grabbed me picked me up and threw me onto the sofa. My eyes scanned the room to see more men standing there watching.

I noticed my father was lying on the floor.

He was dead.

His body was lifeless as were his eyes that were open and staring at me. I looked away as the tears fell from my eyes. I looked up at the man who seemed to be enjoying my agony.

"Who are you?" I asked.

The man laughed and ignored my question.

"Rogues." I gritted out.

Shivers went up my spin as one of the men chuckled in my ear. His foul breath lingered against my skin as I cringed.

I remember my father telling me about rogues. He said that they were violent and ruthless and showed no mercy. They have killed thousands, women and children included.

They did not discriminate.

After a few minutes, the door opened and a man came in dragging my mother in his arms. She fought against him until her eyes landed on me and then my father.

I pulled my head from my knees as my mother came into the room and I felt my heart break for her. Her mate was gone.

I finally took in her appearance.

She was bloody and battered. Her clothes were torn and her eyes were glossy. Her lip was split and it wasn't healing. I had heard about this. Once a mate dies, the other stops healing as a wolf and soon loses their werewolf side as their wolf dies from misery. The Moon Goddess does bless wolves with 'second chance' mates but it was rare and if you hadn't found your mate before you grew too weak, you would die.

I stayed on the sofa, too scared to move.

She dragged her beaten body to my father's side as tears streamed down her cheeks. She then tilted her head back and howled. I blocked my ears as did the other men. She made the widow wolf howl. I had never heard the howl before that night but it was the most horrific thing that I had ever heard.

I will never forget that sound and I pray to the Moon Goddess that I don't ever hear it again. It was the most gut-wrenching thing I had ever seen or heard. I had often dreamt of that howl playing over and over again. The widow wolf cry was a howl that a mate would make when their mate dies.

Other werewolves would hear this noise and know what had happened. They would come running but it would be too late to save any of us. The other wolves would also feel physical pain and loss for the mate even if they didn't know them.

As my father was their Alpha, their pain would be worse.

Once her howl was over, the men advanced towards her as I begged them to leave her alone. My mother stopped fighting but laid beside my father.

She stared at me and smiled softly.

"Genesis. Be brave. Be strong. I love you. Remember, me and your father will always be with you. Never stop fighting." She ordered.

I nodded to my mother as tears continued to fall.

My mother wrapped her arms around my father. She closed her eyes as the men extended their claws and raised them high above their heads.

"One day, you will pay for what you have done." My mother promised, keeping her eyes closed.

"Please. Once you are gone, no one will ever see your daughter again. She will never see the light of day. Just another forgotten memory." They laughed. My mother simply smiled.

"Not forever."

The rogues then swiped their claws across my mother's back and didn't stop until her last breath.