I

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Sunday, 4/3/18

TIME

Dear Diary,

Isn't it tiring?

Doing the same routine every day. Waking up, going to school or work, going back home, do homework, your hobbies, eat and then sleep?

That's what is happening in my daily life and I bet, in most of the people's lives. Same routine every, single day. It's kind of boring, isn't it?

Today I spent the day doing nothing. I tried to do my homework, which I eventually did, but nothing else. Just editing, listening to music, that kind of stuff.

Whenever I ask someone about how their day was, most of the time I get the same answer:

"Same as usual."

But do you think it's actually true? Same as usual. Or are they just saying it because it just comes out like that? That they don't know what to say because nothing really happens in their life. That they just do the same things in their everyday life.

I always hoped something magical and extraordinary would happen in my life. I don't want to do the same things every day. I don't want to follow the same routine.

But what can I do?

I have to follow. I have to study, get good grades, graduate, work, have a family and then die. Well, that came out really sad.

So, are we wasting time?

The answer is no. Even if you do the same things, each day has something new to offer. You just have to find it. Life is kind of like a quest. An interesting quest.

Even if your classes are boring, at least you get to spend time with your friends. If you can't spend time with your friends -for reasons I don't know-, at least you spend the day outside.

If you are an introvert like me and don't really like going outside, don't think that you didn't do anything the whole day. Spend the day doing something you enjoy. Even if it's something like listening to music.

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

So don't feel bad about staying at home all day. You might think 'I'm too lazy to do anything at home and just want to sit down.'

Okay fine! Sit down and read a book. It broadens your horizons. Read an article that interests you, or a book you enjoy. Go find some new music as well.

It's worth it.

Even though I did almost nothing today, now that I think about it, it's not that bad. I spent the day building my relationships, with the people around me, stronger. I talked to my close friend through video call and helped her with stuff. At least I was useful for something huh? *sighs* I can't get emotional again.

Even though we might have the same routine every single day, each day is different. Today, Sunday 4/3/18 can never come back. There is no other day like this.

So, stay open-minded and spend your day doing something you enjoy. I, for instance, like watching the stars before I sleep.

Oh. It's 4am.

Let's escape from reality for a while, shall we? good night.

-L

(feel free to recommend any topics you want I'll write about

(feel free to recommend any topics you want I'll write about. I enjoy listening to other people's views and opinions.)