Over coffee

Yet another day in the life of this miserable human being.

I do my daily routine and sit to study at six thirty. I get bored quickly.

At eight o'clock, I decide to go to the church alone since no one seems to be awake. But I wake Baekhyun and remind him of his date.

He thanks me for that and gets ready as I step out of the house wearing a pretty peach dress which reached my knees. It has a medium V neck which compliments my body shape well.

I also have a sleek black belt which goes around my waist. For the accent jewellery, I am wearing a pair of long silver chain ear rings.

I love to dress up. It makes me feel so in power about how I present myself to people. I am wearing a little eyeliner and slap on some tinted lip balm as well.

As I step into the fancy church of our neighbourhood, my eyes settle on a familiar figure. His damp hair, slightly curly, reach his eyebrows.

He is sitting and reading something. He suddenly looks to the front and runs his hands through his hair, sliding them back.

I go and sit at my usual spot, fighting my temptation to look at him again.

I concentrate at the service till it's over. I completely forget about him.

As I step out of the chruch, he comes to me and greets me, "Good morning Y/N! I didn't see you till now." His infectious smile causing me to return it.

"Good morning Kai! I did see you when I came but I didn't want to disturb you. You were reading." We start walking along the sidewalk.

"Yeah. I am so happy to see you. We didn't really get to talk much yesterday." He says looking right into my eyes.

Okay, Y/N don't melt! I said DON'T MELT! Ahhh! He is so cute. And confident too. Don't blush Y/N!

"Yeah. Where are you headed? I was going to the cafe. Care to join me?" I say, trying to sound as confident as him.

"Yeah. I am free." He replies as we walk along. His hands brush against mine causing my insides to heat up.

I move a little away and continue walking.

"So.......I was wondering if you knew one of my old friends who studies at Rosewood. His name is Sehun. Do you know him?" Kai asks.

I feel my elevated heart sinks down. Sehun? He is friends with Sehun? As in the fuckboy of our school? Why? Why that idiot?

"Yes, I know him. He is pretty popular." I say in a not-so-enthusiastic tone.

"He has always been. Always the ladies' man." He chuckles. Gosh, how can such a sweetheart be friends with Sehun?

"Oh looks like we're here. Come on!" I say, trying to change the topic.

I grab his hand and walk fast towards the cafe. "Y/N? Why such a hurry?" He asks, smiling.

"Oh! It's nothing." I lie. I let go of his hand and try to control the blush.

The truth is I am starving. I didn't eat dinner yesterday and now I am starving. And my lunch was oatmeal, not exactly something that'll keep you full for 18 hours or more.

We give our orders and take them. I walk with him and sit down opposite to him. He chooses a private booth.

I ordered a smoothie. It's my usual one with my favourite fruits. He ordered dark coffee.

After we sit down, he looks at me. I melt under his gaze. "Is there something on my face?" I ask, trying to make the tension go away.

He shakes his head and leans back on his seat. He keeps his drink on the table and gives me a sideways glance. I look at my drink.

"Just admiring the beautiful girl in front of me. You really are breathtaking." He says.

"Huh? Me?" I look directly at him. My eyebrows shoot up. My eyes widened.

"Yes you. Yesterday too, you really captured my attention." He leans in placing his long arms on the table.

Okay, too much! This is too much! I am pretty sure that I will melt into a puddle if the temperature goes up one more degree.

He slides his hands towards mine and softly places his hands on mine.

"Do you have someone in your life? If you don't mind me asking?" He asks, lowering his pitch.

I vigorously shake my head. What are you doing Kai? You're going to kill me.

"Good. So that means I have a chance. I am surprised......" he says.

And here comes the classic line.

"that someone as beautiful as you doesn't have a boyfriend." His hands slowly retreat.

I just laugh nervously at this. I am a sucker for cliches. What do I do? Everything he does is so cliche.

That should be a red flag. And the fact that he is friends with Sehun doesn't help his case.

Every bit of my intelligence screams at me: He is a playboy. But maybe I am just reading the signs wrong, maybe he is a sweetheart.

But does the smart Y/N, stop herself from slowly falling for the playboy? No, cause she is an idiot.

He continues, "Do you mind if I come over to your house once in a while? Maybe you could help me with the school things. I have a lot to catch up on." He gives me the signature pride filled smile that says: Aww, she is falling for my charms.

I look up. Gosh! I wish I could make a better decision. "Yeah, sure. You're welcome anytime!" Aish! Why did I say that?

He thanks me and we proceed to drink our drinks in silence.

Don't forget to vote and comment. I love you all.

Love,
Angel.