Part 8

Daveed had came up with a simple conclusion. He liked Y/n. When she would sing her part, his head fluttered. Sure, he had always thought she was beautiful and a goddess, but this different. When he had almost kissed her a few hours ago, Daveed realized that he wanted her. He had to have her before anyone else.

As of now she was in the bathroom. Throwing up.

"Yo Y/n you ok in there?" Daveed asked. She groaned a response causing Daveed to sigh. "Do you need someone to hold your hair up?" He silently cursed himself for asking such a weird question.

"Yes actually," Y/n some how managed to say. He smiled slightly before walking into the bathroom. He needed down and held her hair back.

"What caused you to be so sick?" He questioned. Y/n shrugged, as more nausea had hit. Daveed looked away so he doesn't end of throwing up.

"I've felt a little bad this morning and this afternoon, I thought it was nothing. But I was wrong," Y/n chuckled. She flushed the toilet and instantly went to the sink and began to brush her teeth. "I may not go to work tomorrow."

"Your not. I'm forcing you to stay here," Daveed stands and watches her. Y/n rolls her eyes, and mumbles a whatever.

Thought out the rest of the evening was spent with Y/n running to the bathroom and running back. Eventually Y/n had made up her mind.

"Daveed, I'm about to ask you to do something that is so important," she says rubbing her temples. He hummed a response. "I need you to be the substitute teacher for my classes tomorrow." Daveed chokes on air.

"What?" He asks. He hated teaching people.

"Please. Your the only one who can actually teach them about something. I'm sure you can talk about Lafayette or something, since Lin had given you a history lesson on him," She trailed off remembering how Lin got so triggered when Daveed made a French joke.

Daveed groaned. He mumbles a 'fine'. She squealed and hugged him, then sped for the bathroom. He was going to regret this decision.

The moment he was accepted by the school and handed the files for the classroom, he felt nervous. He's sang in front of thousands of people, but yet he felt like he couldn't handle teaching in front of a bunch of teenagers.

Daveed walked into the empty classroom. He turned on the lights and looked around. There was a small Hamilton poster framed on the wall. But other than the small poster, there wasn't much here. He roamed the classroom. It was mostly empty. How could a teacher do that?

He looked at the clock. 7:45. Daveed had sometime. He quickly set up the classroom and sat at the desk. Then he finally opened the substitute folder.

Daveed,

There is a schedule and everything in here. If you run out of things to say, have them work on their founding father essay. 4th hour is a bitch, be careful for that. Your lunch is 5th hour, Lin said he'll drive by and get lunch with you. each class is an hour. 8th hour is homeroom and that lasts 20 min. Anyway have fun! And thank you again,

Love,

Y/n

Daveed smiled at her name. A warm feeling developed in his chest, and heat moved to his face. He lost track of time as he looked through the folder, since the bell scared him.

Soon students rushed in and sat themselves into their own seat. Then the bell rang once more indicating that the passing period was over. He stood from the desk and looked at the teens.

"Hello there, I'm-" Daveed had began but was cut short by someone yelling across the room.

"Your the guy from clipping.!" They yelled and pointed. He flushed and nodded slowly. He was very unsure of what to say. Soon all the teens started to talk and point at the older man. This was the part where he should tell them to be quiet, but instead be retreated to his desk and laid his head on the wood.

This was going to be a long ass day.