Asylum Of The Daleks Pt. 2

Amy lands on a snowy landscape with a brilliant blue sky. A black man in white thermals drops his drill - labelled Alaska - and runs to her.

"Hello? Hello? Who are you? You ok?" Amy quickly gets up.

"Rory? Doctor? {Y/N}?"

"I'm Harvey. No. Who's Rory?" Harvey chases after Amy "where are you going?"

---

{Y/N} opens her eyes and turns her head to see an eyestalk looking at her, she squints at it "oh, ha, ha, ha" she starts laughing a little when suddenly Carmen plays, she stops laughing and just looks at it.

"Sorry, sorry. Pressed the wrong switch!" Oswin says.

"Soufflé girl?" {Y/N} asks quietly.

"You can always call me Oswin, seeing as that's my name. You ok?"

"How are you doing that, eh? This is Dalek technology" {Y/N} says tapping the eyestalk.

"It's very easy to hack."

"No, it isn't. Where are you?"

"The ship broke up when it hit. Somewhere underground, I think. You coming to get me?"

"{Y/N}?" Amy shouts, the picture starts to break up.

"Hey! Oi! Soufflé girl! Come back!"

"{Y/N}!" the Doctor shouts as he and Amy run towards {Y/N}.

"Amy! Doctor! Hey, where's Rory?"

"There was another beam. There. Over there. Are you the rescue team?" Harvey asks they run across the snow, a shaft has been drilled through the snow and rock.

"Rory? Rory! Rory!" Amy shouts meltwater pours down the walls, and something green drips onto Rory's face, waking him up. There are lots of inanimate Daleks here. He touches one, but it doesn't respond so he pushes it away.

"We came down two days ago. There are twelve of our escape pods. I don't know what happened to them" Harvey says.

"Alaska? That's the same ship as soufflé girl" Amy says, Harvey opens a hatch covered in snow.

"Yeah. Except she's been here a year" {Y/N} says, they all go into the escape pod.

"We should have some climbing rope long enough for that hole," Harvey says.

"Won't you introduce us to your crew?" the Doctor asks.

"Ah, yes, sorry. Guys, this is the Doctor, {Y/N} and Amy" there's no response guys?" the crew are desiccated corpses "oh, my god" the Doctor does a quick sonic scan.

"They're dead. All of them" the Doctor says.

"That's not possible. I just spoke to them. Two hours ago. We were doing engine repairs."

"You're sure about that, are you? Because I'd say they've all been dead for a very long time" {Y/N} says.

"But they can't have been.

"Well, they didn't get in this state in two hours" Amy replies.

"No, of course. Stupid me."

"Of course, what?" Amy asks.

"I died outside, and the cold preserved my body. I forgot about dying" and out pops the Dalek eyepiece. The Doctor grabs a CO2 fire extinguisher and lets it off in Harvey's face.

"{Y/N}, Amy, the door!" the Doctor shouts.

"Come on, come on" Harvey is backed through a door that Amy and {Y/N} manage to get open, then closes and locks again.

"Explain. That's what you're both good at. How'd he get all Daleked?"

"Because he wasn't wearing one of these. Oh, ho, ho. That's clever. The nanocloud. Microorganisms that automatically process any organic matter, living or dead, into a Dalek puppet. Anything attacks this place, it automatically becomes part of the on-site security" {Y/N} says,

"Living or dead?"

"These wristbands protect us. The only thing stopping us going exactly the way he did..." the Doctor starts but is cut off by Amy.

"Doctor, shut up! Living or dead?"

"Yes, exactly. Living or, or..." the corpses have glowing eyepieces, and are starting to move.

"Dead. Oh dear" {Y/N} kicks the zombies so the three of them can get into the cockpit.

"Guys!" {Y/N} pulls Amy's arm out of the zombie's grasp and seals the bulkhead door "is it bad that I've really missed this?" Amy asks.

"Yes."

"It's good."

"We know."

"Unauthorised personnel may not enter the cockpit."

"Shut up," the Doctor says.

"What, Mister Grumpy," Oswin says "bad combo. No sense of humour in that chin."

"Is that her again, soufflé girl?" Amy asks.

"Yeah, she. Oi, what is wrong with my chin?" the Doctor asks.

"Careful, dear. You'll put someone's eye out" Amy and {Y/N} snort.

"Scanning you. You're in another of the escape pods from the Alaska, right? It seems your power's on."

"How can you hack into everything? It should be impossible. You're in a crashed ship!" the Doctor says.

"Long story. Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy?"

"Doctor. You call me the Doctor."

"See what you did there. Check the floor. I'm picking up a breach at floor level. There could be a way out. See you later."

"Ah ha! Hatch. Looks like it's been used already and they've tried to block it off behind them" {Y/N} says.

"Can't imagine why" Amy replies.

"The lower part of the pod is buried, so this must go straight down to the Asylum," the Doctor says.

"Where Rory is."

"Speaking of Rory, is there anything you want to tell us?" {Y/N} asks.

"Are we going to do this now?"

"What happened?"

"Oh, stuff. You know. We split up. What can you do?"

"What can I do?" {Y/N} asks seriously.

"Nothing. It's not one of those things you can fix like you fix your bowtie. Don't give me those big wet eyes, {Y/N}. It's life. Just life. That thing that goes on when you're not there" Amy says just as the Doctor gets the hatch open. A shaft heads down into the planet, with a flexible metal ladder hanging down it "ok, so somebody else got out this way, then."

"Yeah, let's go and find them" there's banging on the door "oh, hello, hello, hello. What are they up to?" the zombies are on a small monitor on the wall, waving something at the camera.

"What's that?"

"One of these. But where did they get it?"

"{Y/N}, Doctor, they got it from me."

"Oh, Amy."

"{Y/N}, Doctor, what's going to happen to me? Seriously. Tell me what."

---

~Bread 🍞