I hop up on my toes a few times, and my fingers brush the edge...only to push it further back on the shelf.

"Damn it." I mutter irritably.

A deep chuckle sounds behind me just as a large presence does, making me squeak in surprise.

"Is this what you're reaching for short stuff?"

An equally deep voice asks as an arm easily goes over my head and grabs the rock, elbow still bent. I turn around quickly, undecided if I should thank the stranger or get snippy for being called 'short stuff'. Looking up at the hulking stranger, my eyes have to trail up his muscular chest before reaching his face, which has a very smug smile...and the most gorgeous pair of molten gray eyes I've ever seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Butch

"Come on kiddo, it can't be that hard to choose."

I say, looking down at my indecisive little brother. Today is his birthday, and for a present, he wants his first pet. The issue is, he can't decide between a fish or a lizard. He's just running back and forth between the two and staring at them in fascination.

"But Butch, they're both so cool!"

I sigh as Corey run back to the lizards, and mom sighs with me. She had taken today off from her duties as Luna to spend today with Corey, and I volunteered to come along...after she twisted my arm just a little.

"He really is energetic. I wish he'd use it to clean his room."

She mutters in resignation, and I laugh as she does. Dad would laugh too if he wasn't at the office attending his Alpha duties...ones that would be passed down to me after I find my mate...if I find her...I've been looking for her for almost four years now...and yet, no luck.

"If he doesn't hurry up and decide, we are going to be late for his own party."

Mom mumbles under her breath, and just as she does, Corey comes racing up the opposite side of the isle from where he went. As he skids to a stop in front of the fish tanks, a delicious scent trails behind him...lavender and mangoes.

I inhale deeply, growling lowly at the aroma. My wolf, Jackson, growls as well.

"What's the matter Butch?"

Mom asks, a concerned note in her voice. I turn my head towards the direction my brother came from, and growl as the scent gets a little stronger.

"Mate."

I answer her question as I inhale the scent again, and she gasps. I can hear her silently squealing in happiness as I follow the sweet smell, wanting to find the source. I can sense her following behind me, wanting to see for herself who her future daughter in law is.

As I enter the isle, I see her, as she's the only one here. Her small frame is desperately trying to reach the top shelf, her purple locks pulled into a messy bun bobs as she try's to jump up to reach the object. I trace over her small figure, despite being so short she has long, shapely legs, amplified by her denim shorts. As I stop behind her, she jumps again, and manages to finally touch it...only to push it further away.