[33%]

"What the hell were you thinking?"

A distant voice began to lure back into consciousness. I heard a few shuffles, a few inaudible whispers. In the darkness I was held captive in, a light began to leak through.

"What happened?"

"Gally's taking control," Newt's voice began to draw me in the most. "He said we had a choice. Either join him - or get banished at sundown with you."

I heard a grunt, along with the scratch of rubble.

"And the others agreed to that?"

"Gally has everyone convinced that you're the reason all this has happened." The feminine gravely tone reminded me that was Teresa.

"Well, he's been right so far."

I finally grew fed up with being groggily dormant. I twitched my fingers, getting the feeling returned to their flesh. Little muscles in my body jerked awake. Finally, I felt alive enough to roll over onto my back, and slowly flutter open my eyes.

"Look who's awake." I smiled lightly at Minho's voice. So everyone was okay, all who I cared for, at least.

"Prim, hey." Thomas was the eyes I met when he loomed over me. "Here, let's get you up." Teresa was here too and together helped my feeble state to sit up straight, allowing me to take in our surroundings. I was in the place I had always managed to avoid. The Pit.

"Prim, love." I melted when I saw him behind the bars, crouching down as close to the floor as he could. "Are you alright?"

I gave him a small nod, a smile filled with emotional tears. I remembered him. I remembered Newt. I remembered who he was to me.

"Feelin' okay, Doll-Face?" I gave another nod to Minho, raking my fingers through my head of hair. I still felt brittle, so I didn't want to move that much. If I could, I would have already pounced up and had Newt against my lips.

"This place..." Thomas' voice broke the silence. All attention we drew towards him. "It's not what we thought it was. It's not a prison, it's a test."

"What are you talking about?" Minho asked, his voice laced with a patronizing tone.

"It all started when we were kids. They'd give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing...every month, one after the other like clockwork."

"They'd send em' up into the Maze," Newt concluded, his eyes tearing from my curled up form.

"Yeah, but not all of us." I froze when Thomas flickered his gaze between Teresa and I.

"What do you mean." He hesitated, his eyes filling with the apologies he couldn't even fathom would satisfy.

"Guys I'm one of them. The people who put you here, I worked with them. I-I watched you guys for years. The entire time you've been here, I was on the other side of it." I watched as the three Gladers' faces fall, their gazes hardening with either doubt or trauma.