[18%]

"Well, I see no bone

"Well, I see no bone. That's a good sign." Clint gently dabbed at my cut with a damp rag, cleaning up the blood that had managed to seep all the way to my chin. "You know, there's a lot better ways to get attention." He joked lightly. I smiled.

"So what happened?" Jeff asked.

"She hit it against a rock when we got to this hill..." Thomas trailed off, nervously flickering his eyes between Jeff and with whatever objects he was tampering with. I couldn't see clearly because of the angle.

"What the bloody hell is goin' on in here?" My heart pumped as Newt entered through the doorway, his brows furrowed as he saw me sitting on the cot I once occupied before. Darting his focus between Jeff and I, he came to my side.  Alby came in after.

"Jack and Jill went up the hill but this time Jill ended up crackin' skulls." Newt's eyes shot wide once he finally got to see the gouge on the side of my head.

"Holy shit...how did I miss that." He breathed out, carefully lowering himself next to me. "Why didn't you tell me? I told you if your hurt you say something!"

Despite losing blood, I felt feverish. The waves of heat pulsed back and forth against my skin like a tide on the sand. He was so close, with his fingers grazing my temples as he inspected it. I kept my gaze low, ignoring the pull of how I wanted him to be closer.

"How deep?" Alby asked, crossing his arms over his chest.  They shared a precarious glance, Jeff shifting on his feet before solemnly nodding his head.

"Deep enough to where she's gonna need stitches." I snapped my attention over to the Med-Jack, alarmed. I came to figure out what Jeff was meddling with was a sharp-tipped needle and fine thin thread.

"You have the stuff to do that, right?" Thomas hastily asked.

"We do," Newt spoke, his eyes low. "We just don't have anything to numb it with."  I looked to Newt in horror, my heart began to race. I heard him let out a shaking breath, his eyes not tearing away from mine.

"What? You're kidding right there's got to be something you can give her. Like an ointment o-or-" Thomas rejected stiffly, his eyes watching as Jeff steadily hovered towards me.

"Yeah, for preventing infections. They don't give us anything powerful enough for under the skin."

"If there was, we would have already done it." Clint sighed, coming to the other side.

I looked vigilantly between the two, my suppressed consciousness pushing me more in the direction of Newt who was still bent down next to me.

"Look, love, we have too," Newt spoke softly, looking into my eyes as meaning for these words of comfort were to be mine. "If you don't, that'll fester; you'll fall sick and I can't have that. "

He spoke soft comforting words as the Med-Jacks began to prep, pulling the thread through the little loop at the end of the needle. My eyes were training on it, fear of what it would feel like.
A sharp point digging through my skin, the feeling of thread wreathing and coiling to pull together my skin. It sent a violent shock through my body.