[14%]

"I really hope this guy isn't a slinthead like Wyck." Chuck breathed out as he placed the bundled hammock on the floor between us. "Or Gally. We really don't need another one of him." I laughed as I looked up, looking between the beams of the Watchtower to see if I could get a glimpse of the new comer's face.

"Hey, Alby!" Chuck called up. A few seconds pass before the leader's pared head poked overhead. I could hear his low vibrated chuckle from up there. The new boy came up next to him, similarly, like a lost puppy.

"Hey Chuck, Prim. Where you two been?"

We waited patiently for them to climb down, waiting by the ladder.

"Bet you my tomorrow's bacon he's gonna ask why you're the only girl." We sealed the deal right before the two dropped down from the last ladder.

"Greenie, meet Chuck." Alby introduced as he leaped from the last rift of wood. "And this little thing here is Prim." He patted our shoulders as he came between us.

The boy shakily gestured a nod in acknowledgment, eyes searching between Chuck and I. He seemed to have calmed down since this morning. His eyes were slower with taking everything in that before.

"They were the last to arrive, so they get to break you in."

"Hey, nice to meet you." Chuck smiled, his eyes focused on adjusting the bearings in his hands. "Got your stuff ready. Picked out a great spot for you, right next to mine." He let out an evil laugh as he tossed the package to him. Alby joined in the laughter.

"Do you have a name yet?" The silence was the answer to Chuck's question. The boy stumbled against his mouth to find his words, which was good enough evidence that he didn't. "Don't worry about it. Took me a few days too. Everyone's different, right Alby?" Like a father approving his son, Alby seemed impressed and agreed.

"Yeah, that's right Chuck."

The boy and I locked eyes for a brief few seconds. It showed clear in his eyes the basic emotions; Fear. Confusion. Distressed. Nothing I haven't or any other hasn't experienced before. Only his were a little different. Wonderment. It veneered over his eyes like a thin piece of glass. His eyes were trained on my neck, exposing the scar that traced across my throat. I could tell the question was stirring in his mind.

"Huh, sounds like quittin' time." Alby sighed, looking over the Gladers who were retreating for, my guess, lunch. "Chuck, take care of our newbie. Prim, you're in charge." Chuck's smile faded.

"Wait, how come Prim's in charge! She's newer!" Alby smirked.

"She's older." Dejected, the young boy sighed.

"Yes sir, Alby." The leader outstretched his hand, and like an honor being received, Chuck gratefully took it. After Alby left, it was Chuck and me all alone with the...Greenie. I still haven't gotten used to that Glader slang yet.

"You look like crap, man." Chuck chuckled, turning his back and motioning for him to follow. "Come on."

I heard a heavy sigh come from behind me, along with following footfalls.

_

"It's basically the same story for all of us. Besides Prim, obviously." I sent Chuck a teasing glare as I helped him get the boy's hammock tied up to the trees provided to hang them. "Wake up in The Box, Alby gives us the tour, and here we are. That tight enough?"

I gestured a thumbs up as I tested it out, swinging side to side to make sure it would hold.

"What's your story?" Those were the first words he had spoken to us after the first twenty minutes of us being together. His brown chocolate eyes met mine. I'm not how you could describe someone's eyes being loud, but he was the exception. They were overbearing. I looked at Chuck, lightly shaking my head to mention to him it's best not to tell without Alby's or Newt's consent about the Maze.