[15%]

When I first came here, in a place like this, I didn't think you would have time to have fun. However this place was inhabited my raving teenage boys, so it didn't surprise me that they decided to ignite a fifteen-foot bonfire in the distance. I bet you could spot it in every direction of the Glade it burned so bright. Sunset wisps licked at the tipi of branches, devouring it one cinder at a time. However, they had a sick sense of creating the wooden sticks to look like some kind of goat-skulled monster being burned at the stake. Boys.

Along with awakening a fire they awakened music, pulling out pots and barrels and using wooden utensils as drumsticks. A few were actually very talented. It wouldn't surprise me if they were drummers in their past lives.

All the boys were drinking this strange amber liquid from these mason jars. I was offered a jar by Winston,

"Here she-bean! Have a drink." To be nice I was going to take it, only Newt himself wasn't so fond of that idea.

"Absolutely not." He smiled sarcastically, pulling the jar from my hands and taking a sip of it himself. I didn't exactly mind. I don't think I was much of a drinker. A part of me didn't truly trust whatever was in that jar.

During the night I lost track of him, which for once I think I was okay with. I found it amusing to watch from a distance as his mind was slowly being intoxicated, making him grow more giggly and cheeky than he usually is. It was adorable, I wasn't shy to admit that.

"Hey," I glanced over my shoulder, surprised to see the new boy hesitantly standing behind me. I gave a greeting nod. He pointed next to the empty spot of the log I sat on. "Mind if I sit?"

I shrugged my shoulders, not minding the company. He cleared his throat, glancing around the sparse boys whose minds were blitzed and wrestling in the Fight Circle which was nothing but a rope encircling a mound of thickset dust. Most of them were over there while Gally basked in their attention.

"He's kind of a dick." I smiled at his bluntness, nonetheless agreeing with him. I pulled out my journal.

"He did save you though." He nodded as if to say 'fair enough'. I watched him, wondering what thoughts lied behind those wondering eyes that searched the floor. He seemed to be contemplating over something. Eventually, he got the courage to say it.

"Hey, I-I've noticed...um...you got a pretty bad scar on your neck." I lifted my neck, feeling over the small bump that blemished my skin. I didn't care for it, sometimes I even forget it's there. Which is most of the time. I nodded, saying he was right. He wet his lips, clenching his hands together.

"They didn't...." I shook my head, not understanding his suggestions. He gulped. "They didn't do that to you, did they?"

I gawked at his assumption as he gestured to the boys wandering aimlessly across the Glade. He thought they did this to me? That was the most pointless thing I think anybody has ever said. The Gladers hurting me? I couldn't even comprehend it.

Harshly, I shook my head.

"You sure? You can tell me if you need help..." I knew my gestures weren't enough to convince him, so I had to answer him by paper.

"I showed up with it. They have never hurt me." Relief flooded his face, nodding to say he believed it.

"Okay...sorry I just wanted to make sure." I smiled at him. He was aware and bold, and on top of that caring for others he didn't even know.

"Thank you for making sure." He smiled at this. The first smile I had seen on his face ever since he's been here. It was small, and a little lopsided, but it was there and still good.